You're in for a special treat today!
Today's Window Easel Card is for that special someone in your life. It's not just a card, but also makes for a wonderful piece of holiday decor. Imagine it sitting on your mantel or shelf, seeing the tea light flickering through the vellum window.
This project idea came from an event I attended while I was at Founder's Circle, hosted by Susan Adams and Janet Baker. It has been sitting on my display shelf since September and has caught many an eye. I've received tons of inquiries on how to make it!
The reindeer and dotted oval are from the Joyeous Celebration stamp set (from Stampin' Up! Holiday Catalog 2012). They are both stamped in Versamark ink onto vellum cardstock. Then heat embossed with Early Expresso Stampin' Powder. These images fit perfectly into the Oval Frame from the Designer Frames Texture Impressions Folders.
Yes, there is a video. On the video you'll find step-by-step instructions on how to complete this card. Including, yet another tip on how to avoid the infamous "line" when using the Designer Frames TIEF.
WATCH VIDEO: Window Easel Card w/Tea Light
Dawn's Stamping Supplies & Measurements
- Joyous Celebrations (128066w or 128069c)
- Early Espresso Classic Ink (126974)
- Versamark Ink (102283)
- Festival of Prints DSP Stack (126904), 4-3/4" x 2-1/4", 1-1/2" x 3-3/4"
- Early Espresso cardstock (119686), 4" x 5-1/4", 1-3/4" x 3-3/4"
- Cherry Cobbler cardstock (119685), 4-1/4" x 5-1/2", 4-1/4 x 11 (score in half at 5-1/2", then score corner to corner diagonally from the 5-1/2" score line, upper left to lower right bottom corner of card - watch video for positioning)
- Very Vanilla cardstock (101650), two pieces of 3-3/4" x 5"
- Vellum cardstock (101856), 3" x 2-3/4
- 1/2" Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding (120992)
- Big Shot (113439)
- Designer Frames TIEF (123130)
- XL Oval Punch (119859)
- 2-1/2" Circle Punch (120906)
- Large Oval Punch (119855)
- Scallop Oval Punch (119856)
- Early Expresso Stampin' Emboss Powder (123980)
- Embossing Buddy (103083)
- Heat Tool (129053)
Stampin' Up! Shopping, New Arrivals, Sales links:
- NEW Holiday Packaing Bundles
- New Arrivals and Stampin' Up! Specials
- Dawn's Product Shares
- Join Stampin' Up! - Get FREE Ink