I finally have the video done for the Bokeh Technique. (side note: It's been delayed because I just got a new camera. I've used an older Sony Handycam for years, which I love! But I've noticed the visual quality of my videos on YouTube haven't been so good this year. I think that's due to their widescreen format change. So...I got a new HD camera and I'm loving it! Having said that - everything needed updating...a new software program, new widescreen graphics, etc. It's a learning curve. But I'm excited - as the visual quality is amazing. Though still experimenting with white or black backgrounds. I'll get there.)
The Bokeh Stamping Technique is really hot right now. I've seen several different samples. I don't think there's a right or wrong way to do it. Each time you try it, it will come out differently. Last month I shared it with my club members and it was a hit...messy, but fun!
What is Bokeh?
- It's actually a photography technique: the visual quality of the out-of-focus area of a photographic image.
- Creates out of focus points of light.
- Pronounced bo-kay (like a bouquet of flowers).
Dawn's Stamping Tips:
- Select two more colors (mine are Blackberry Bliss and Lost Lagoon)
- Use sponge dauber to randomly sponge colors onto Whisper White cardstock panel (mine is 5" x 3-3/4"). Experiment with the intensity of the color, using a lighter or heavier hand to apply the ink.
- Let dry
- Create a "circle template" with Circle Collection Framelits and Window Sheets (see example in video below)
- Using the template, sponge Whisper White craft ink circles over the color previously added.
- Let dry (optional: use heat tool to speed up the drying process)
- Don't forget to ooh and aah!
See it in action in my How'd She DO That? video!
WATCH VIDEO: Bokeh Stamping Technique
Wasn't that fun? Give it a try, I just know you're gonna love it!
Dawn's Stamping Supplies
Last Chance for Holiday Catalog products & Year-End Closeout!
Both the Holiday Catalog and the Year-End Closeout Sale ends today. If there were items on your wishlist, be sure to get them today!
For a PFD listing of items that will end on January 5th - click here
SHOP: Holiday Catalog
SHOP: Year-End Closeout Sale
The Winners of the Blog Candy...
Thank you for all of your kind comments left on this post. There were 84 comments, so I decided to select two people to receive the Good Greetings stamp set:
Amy and Debbie - be sure to send me your full name and mailing address to email@example.com.
Congrats and enjoy!!
Thank you for Shopping with Dawn
- Dawn's 2015 Occasions Catalog Product Shares
- Don't forget to check out this weeks 25% off Weekly Deals
- Orders of $50 or more receive DOstamping Loyalty Rewards, redeemable for a free stamp set or framelit
2015 Occasions Catalog & Sale-a-Bration
starts tomorrow, Jan 6th!!