Welcome to the Control Freaks October 2015. We are thrilled to have you join us today (we'll be fully-live by 10/20). Our tour features some of your favorite Control Freaks Stampers sharing projects made with Stampin' Up! products. In fact, you may have just come from the ever-talented Julie Davison's blog.
Our theme for this month is: Something to be Thankful For
Remarkable You Gift Card Set
Ever since the Annual Catalog came out, I've been eyeing the beautiful floral stamp set, Remarkable You. Remarkable flowers are for remarkable people. These big, bold flowers send a clear message of thanks and gratitude...perfect for Something to be Thankful For!
All three cards use the same size cardstock and supplies (with the exception of color, of course). Here's what you'll need for this
2-Layer version of Triple Time Stamping Technique
- Temporarily attach 4" x 2-3/4" to 4" x 5-1/4" piece of Shimmery White cardstock
- Stamp images with Stazon Jet Black ink
- Color images with various ink using an Aqua Painter
- Pull-apart the layers. Adhere the small panel to 3" x 4-1/4" piece of Basic Black cardstock
- Fold 1" Basic Black circle in half and adhere to side of card
- Fold 1-1/2" piece of ribbon in half and adhere to back side of circle
- Use Handheld stapler to staple 6" piece of Basic Black Baker's Twine, then tie in a bow.
- Adhere completed layer to larger stamped panel with Stampin' Dimensionals; take care to line up images.
- Adhere to folded 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" card base
Note: Shimmery White cardstock works best for these cards, as it will hold up well when using the Aqua Painter.
I couldn't decide which image was my favorite. So I wrapped all three up in a Sketched Dots Tag A Bag Gift Bag with a 2" strip of Everyday Chic Designer Series Paper, tied off with Basic Black 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon. Now they are ready for someone I'm thankful for!
Dawn Stamping Supplies
- Remarkable You (139891w or 139894c)
- 101910 Shimmery White Card Stock
- 121045 Basic Black Card Stock
- 101406 Jet Black Stazon Ink Pad
- 126951 Pacific Point Classic Stampin' Pad
- 126948 Melon Mambo Classic Stampin' Pad
- 126944 Daffodil Delight Classic Stampin' Pad
- 138427 Pacific Point 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon
- 138431 Melon Mambo 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon
- 134559 Daffodil Delight 1/4" Cotton Ribbon
- 134576 Basic Black Baker's Twine
- 119868 1" Circle Punch
- 139083 Handheld Stapler
- 135847 Silver Mini Staples
- 119246 Rhinestone Basic Jewels Embellishments
- 103954 Aqua Painters
- 138316 Sketched Dots Tag A Bag Gift Bags
- 138430 Basic Black 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon
- 138445 Everyday Chic Designer Series Paper
- 138281 Lots Of Labels Framelits Dies
- 113439 Big Shot
- 104332 SNAIL Permanent Adhesive
- 104430 Stampin' Dimensionals
Well, that wraps up this stop of the tour. I hope you enjoyed my projects for this month! Now on to more creative inspiration from fabulous fellow freak Jan Tinklenberg.