It's time for another DOstamperSTARS Thursday Challenge. This week we're having a "Color My World" challenge.
For this week's challenge, I not only used the color combo, but I also used one of my favorite layouts. I haven't used it in a long time. But when I'm feeling kind of rushed, falling back on favorite sketches and layouts makes me feel at home. And, as long as I hadn't put the Thoughtful Branches Bundle away, I reached for that too.
Thoughtful Branches Bundle card details:
- Randomly stamp dotted flower image from Thoughtful Branches on 2-1/4" x 3" piece of Whisper White. Use Sweet Sugarplum & Island Indigo inks, stamping several times before reinking. Sponge edges with Mint Macaron ink
- Adhere completed panel to 3-1/4" x 3-1/4" Sweet Sugarplum cardstock, then again to 3-1/2" x 2-3/4" Island Indigo cardstock
- Wrap Mint Macaron Sheer Linen Ribbon (love!!) around and tie in a knot.
- Stamp greeting with Island Indigo ink, punch with 1-1/4" circle. Adhere to 1-3/4" circle of Island Indigo. Punch hole with 1/8" handheld circle punch. Tie onto mint ribbon with Whisper White Baker's twine.
- Die cut Mint Macaron leaf using Beautiful Branches Thinlits and adhere behind tag. Adhere tag and leaf to panel with Stampin' Dimensional.
- Adhere completed panel folded 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" Mint Macaron card base.
- Place Rhinestone Jewel in 1/8" hole on tag
I thought this was a fun way to use the dotted flower image. It doesn't have to be a flower after all. Give it a try.
You can purchase the Thoughtful Branches Bundle only in August. So don't delay...get yours today!
Be sure to check out more "Color My World" inspiration from my DOstamperSTARS Team (click on their names below):
- Connie Plaumann
- Dawn Olchefske - you are here
- Judy Strickling
- Michelle Harrington
- Miriam Bollinger
- Sharon Bennett
- Cathy Peck
- Dawn Thomas
Are you a DOstamperSTARS Thursday Challenge fan? Yes!
Then check out the new Pinterest Board that hosts them all in one place!!