It's time for another DOstamperSTARS Thursday Challenge. This week we're having a "Home Sweet Home" challenge.
For this week's photo inspiration challenge, I first thought I'd go with some sort of sea life card. But then as I was looking closer at the photo, I thought of bandanas (or bandanna). So I grabbed the new Paisleys and Posies stamp set (from the 2016 Holiday Catalog) and paired it with an oldie but goodie stamping technique called Crayon Resist.
Crayon Resist with Paisleys & Posies
- Stamp images randomly with black in on 4" x 5-1/4" piece of Whisper White cardstock
- Use white crayon and color in parts of the images
- Sponge Dapper Denim ink all over card. Tip: I inked up sponge, then pulled a little off onto a scratch paper and worked from the outside edges inward in a circle motion.
- Use tissue to remove excess ink from crayon areas. Tip: use different area of the tissue as you work around the card, so the removed ink doesn't color the now white cardstock areas
- Adhere completed paisley panel to folded 4-1/4" x 11" black card base.
- Finish off the card with the birthday greeting from Suite Sayings stamped with Dapper Denim and die cut with 2nd smallest Banner Framelit.
- Die cut a black banner with the smallest Banner Framelit. Staple twine towards end of banner and adhere under the greeting banner.
- Adhere completed greeting banner to card - all the way to the right edge.
Cool, huh? I'm delighted with the way it turned out. I may have to try a red one too!
Dawn's Stamping Supplies (click on products to shop online)
NEW September VIP Host Code = TJRKH34U
(learn more here)
Are you a DOstamperSTARS Thursday Challenge fan? Yes! Then check out my new Pinterest Board that hosts them all in one place!!