I'm excited to join in with some of my fellow world wide Stampin' Up! Demonstrators for a World Card Making Blog Hop!
This is such a fantastic way to celebrate this event with lots of amazing inspiration for you. You are currently visiting my blog - Dawn Olchefske from the US and you will be visiting lots of different places in this hop today. There is a list at the end of the page which will help you move along from blog to blog so you'll see 28 amazing projects.
The card I'm sharing today is cased from a birthday notecard (3-1/2" x 5"), I received from my sweet friend, Donna Griffith (from the Stampin' Up! home office). It uses the Flourishing Phrases Bundle and I totally fell in love with it, but wanted to make it a full-size 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" card for my Stamp-a-Stack class earlier this week. It was a huge hit at the class and I think you will love it too! Here's the details:
Flourishing Phrases Bundle Card - in 5 easy steps:
- Apply Affectionately Yours Designer Washi Tape near the bottom of a 3-1/2" x 4-3/4" piece of Thick Whisper White cardstock. Adhere 1/4" x 3-1/2" strip of Pear Pizzazz cardstock at the bottom, slightly overlapping Washi Tape.
- Die cut Whisper White "border lattice" shape from Flourish Thinlits. Cut exactly in half. Don't adhere yet.
- Stamp floral image (from Flourishing Phrases stamp set) with Peekaboo Peach ink. Stamp greeting (from Rose Wonder stamp set) with Watercolor Melon ink. TIP: before stamping the greeting...place lattice shape halfway over Washi Tape so you can "eyeball" where the greeting should be stamped.
- Adhere lattice shape with Fine Tip Glue. Attached three Rhinestone Jewels.
- Adhere completed panel with Stampin' Dimensionals to folded 11" x 4-1/4" Watermelon Wonder card base.
Or do like Donna did and make a notecard size.
Either one is a lovely card. Plus...as the lattice shape is cut in half, you may as well make two cards...right?
World Card Making Day reminds us that the best gifts are handmade from the heart. Celebrate this weekend by making your own handmade cards and don't forget to send them to someone special.
Thanks for visiting my blog today, there are so many amazing ideas and inspiration you don't want to miss. Remember that currently you are at my blog - Dawn Olchefske, so check the blog hop line up list to see who is up next!
Dawn's Stamping Supplies (click on products to shop online)
World Card Making Day Special: Oct 1-5
In celebration of World Card Making Day, you can can save up to 25% on cardmaking essentials that can be used to share your love all year long!
- Dates: October 1-5
- Flyer: World Card Making Day Specials