It's time for another DOstamperSTARS Thursday Challenge. This week we're having a "Product Spotlight" challenge.
I chose the new Hexagons Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (that's a mouthful) to play with this week. I wanted to used it in a different way and I was thinking...honeycomb. Here's how...
- Ink up the "inside bottom" part of the Hexagons Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder with Crushed Curry ink
- swipe ink pad across the folder.
- I didn't press too hard, as I only wanted a subtle ink look. For a darker, more defined look you could press more firmly.
- Place Daffodil Delight cardstock in folder and run through Big Shot
- As this folder is much thicker than a traditional folder, the Big Shot "sandwich" is slightly different. You only need one cutting pad - which is placed on the very top of the "sandwich".
Honeycomb Hexagons card:
- Create 3-1/4" x 2-3/4" Daffodil Delight cardstock "honeycomb" by following the instructions above. Adhere to 3-3/8" x 2-7/8 Basic Black cardstock.
- Wrap Basic Black Baker's Twine around panel and tie in a bow. Adhere to 4" x 5-1/4" piece of Whisper White cardstock with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Stamp greeting from Dragonfly Dreams stamp set, then adhere completed panel to folded 11" x 4-1/4" Whisper White Thick card base.
- Die cut Basic Black bee shape using Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits (Big Shot, Precision Plate and Brush). Punch two Crushed Curry 1/2" Circles. Cut one into quarters. Adhere one circle and one quarter to back of bee with glue dots. Adhere finished bee to card with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Attach 3 Basic Rhinestone Jewels.
This was not what I had in mind when I started this card. But 3 revisions later, I went with a clean & simple look and I'm super happy with it! Sometimes I just over engineer things. Does that happen to you?
The Hexagons Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder is quite versatile...for masculine cards, honeycomb, chicken wire and more. It's a must-have for any crafter's collection!
Attention email subscribers: If you are reading this from your email, please click here to see all of this week's participants
Round 2 Occasions Products Shares - Taking Reservations
Be a Paper Pumpkin Subscriber
VIP Host Code Gift for January - Lace Doilies
January VIP Host Code = 3A72K3S7
(learn more here)