It's time for another DOstamperSTARS Thursday Challenge. This week we're having a "Product Spotlight" challenge.
If you know me, you know that I like Ribbon & Trims! I like the added touch and texture it gives to my cards. My super favorite is to reach for any sort of Baker's Twine. However, for today...I decided to challenge myself a little bit. I recalled a called a did several years ago that was a little bit different way of using ribbon, Double Ribbon...and thought I'd give it a try again.
Cool Treats Double Ribbon Card
- Adhere 5-1/4" x 1-1/4" strip of Succulent Garden Designer Series Paper to 4" x 5-1/4" piece of Whisper White. Then adhere to folded 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" Thick Whisper White card base.
- Punch 1/2" circle by pushing punch all the way in from on the right side of the card and center between the DSP and white area (see photo).
- Wrap ribbons one at a time through hole and around card, tie in a know. (Watermelon Wonder & Tip Top Taupe Mini Striped Ribbons)
- Adhere 1/2 Lace Doily to right side of card, just under ribbon
- Stamp & die cut cone as follows (Cool Treats stamp set & Frozen Treats Framelit Dies):
- stamp "cake cone" image with Tip Top Taupe ink on Tip Top Taupe cardstock. Stamp "waffle" image on bottom of cone, die cut
- stamp "swirl" image with Watermelon Wonder ink on Watermelon Wonder cardstock. die cut
- stamp "sprinkles" image with Chocolate Chip ink.
- Adhere to card with Stampin' Dimensionals
- Stamp greeting with Chocolate Chip ink on 3-1/4" x 3/8" strip of Whisper White cardstock. Adhere one end just under cone, add a Stampin' Dimensional in the middle.
Isn't that a fun color combo? Watermelon Wonder, Tip Top Taupe & Chocolate Chip...love it!
I used a couple of 2015-2017 In Colors on this card. Now is the time to think about stocking up on your favorites, as they will be retiring coming May 31st (but sometimes run out before then).
Attention email subscribers: If you are reading this from your email, please CLICK HERE to see all of this week's participants
It's Sale-a-Bration Time!
Sale-A-Bration: Get one FREE for every $50 you order
Get an extra $25 more in Stampin' Rewards with a $250 or more order!