Welcome to the Control Freaks November 2015. We are thrilled to have you join us today (we'll be fully-live by 11/20). Our tour features some of your favorite Control Freaks Stampers sharing projects made with Stampin' Up! products. In fact, you may have just come from Connie Tumm's blog.
Our theme for this month is: It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas!
Sheltering Tree Christmas Card
For the longest time, I've had a fall-themed card similar to this one in my Pinterest inspiration board. I haven't had the time to give it a try, but at a shoebox swap event I held after the Stampin' Up! On Stage Milwaukee event, I finally got a chance to make it (brought by a fellow demonstrator, Linda). I came home and quickly made one with a winter/Christmas theme, and loved the way it turned out.
Dawn's Stamping Tips
- Position 1-3/8" x 4" piece onto 4" x 5-1/4" piece (both Whisper White) and stamp tree from Sheltering Tree stamp set with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
- Pull smaller piece off of large panel. Stamp "leaves" with Island Indigo Ink (I stamped it a total of 3 times without reinking each time)
- Use 2-Way Glue Pen to randomly add Dazzling Diamonds Glitter to the leaves
- Adhere completed panel to 1-1/2" x 4-1/8" piece of Island Indigo cardstock
- Adhere with Stampin' Dimensionals to larger panel lining up the tree.
- Stamp greeting from To You And Yours Too stamp set with Island Indigo ink.
- Adhere completed panel to folded 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" Island Indigo card base.
This would make a great mass-produced holiday card. If you need a lot of Christmas cards but are short on time, this card may be just the card for you!
Dawn's Stamping Supplies
- 137163 Sheltering Tree Stamp Set
- 139819 To You & Yours Too Stamp Set
- 122923 Island Indigo 8-1/2" X 11" Card Stock
- 126986 Island Indigo Classic Stampin' Pad
- 100730 Whisper White 8-1/2" X 11" Card Stock
- 132708 Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad
- 100425 2-Way Glue Pen
- 133751 Dazzling Diamonds Stampin' Glitter
- 104332 SNAIL Permanent Adhesive
- 104430 Stampin' Dimensionals
Christmas Mini Treat Bag Wallet
Some of you might recognize this Candy Wallet from my Halloween verson I shared last month. I had the design of a mini wallet in my head to hold the Creepy Cash I found at Target's Dollar Spot. Then I received a fabulous swap from fellow Control Freak Patty Bennett at Founder's Circle and I thought - what?...how did she know what was in my head?! Though her gift card holder was made with our larger Kraft Bags - it was basically what I had dreamed about for my mini wallet. Great minds think alike! I made these for a gift for my DOstamperSTARS team that attended the Stampin' Up! On Stage event this past weekend.
Dawn's Wallet Tips
- Cut a treat bag using Real Red Envelope Paper (2015 Holiday Catalog) with Mini Treat Bag Thinlit Die. Assemble using Fast Fuse.
- Fold up from bottom about 2". (Note: depending on your candy - will determine how far up or down you'll place your fold)
- Wrap 1" x 8" strip of Home For Christmas Designer Series Paper around the treat bag and adhere ends together in the back (this will hold the "wallet" together)
- Tie Mossy Meadow 5/8" Striped Cotton Ribbon around the treat bag
- Stamp greeting from Oh What Fun stamp set in Mossy Meadow onto scrap piece of Very Vanilla cardstock. Die cut with Banner Framelits.
- Punch 1/8" hole in corner of banner tag and tie on with Cherry Cobbler Thick Baker’s Twine.
- Color rhinestone with red permanent marker and attach to holly leaves on banner tag
- Stamp greeting with Mossy Meadow ink onto 2-7/8" x 3-1/4" Very Vanilla panel. Insert into top section of wallet
- Insert candy into lower section of wallet
Dawn's Stamping Supplies
- 140386 Oh, What Fun Stamp Set
- 133645 Mossy Meadow Classic Stampin' Pad
- 101650 Very Vanilla 8-1/2" X 11" Card Stock
- 139604 Real Red Envelope Paper
- 139592 Home For Christmas Designer Series Paper
- 138419 Mossy Meadow 5/8" Striped Cotton Ribbon
- 138414 Cherry Cobbler Thick Baker’s Twine
- 113439 Big Shot
- 137547 Mini Treat Bag Thinlits Dies
- 132173 Banners Framelits Die
- 134365 1/8" Circle Handheld Punch
- 119246 Rhinestone Basic Jewels Embellishments
- 129026 Fast Fuse Adhesive
Well, that wraps up this stop of the tour. I hope you enjoyed my projects for this month! Now on to more creative inspiration from fabulous fellow freak Wendy Weixler.