I'm excited to announce, I'm the Guest Tutorial Author on Splitcoaststampers today! I'm sharing a Pinwheel Fun Fold Card tutorial for Splitcoaststampers. Woohoo!
With one sheet of Painted Blooms Designer Series Paper (8" square), you'll amaze your friends! In fact, even your kids can make Pinwheel cards.
Last month when Max (7) and Sam (5) were spending some time with us, they saw some of my Pinwheel Fun Fold samples laying out (the ones I made for this tutorial) and asked if they could make one too. Of course I said, yes! In no time at all, they had their Pinwheel cards done and were decorating the inside with a variety of stamps. They were SO proud! I just love being able to craft with them and to see their smiling faces as they create something with their own two hands. Ah, warms my heart. But I digress...you want the details right? Here you go...
Pinwheel Fun Fold:
- 8" square of Designer Series Paper
- Diagonal score all four sides at 3"
- Note: if you don't have a Diagonal Score Board, try the Envelope Punch Board and line up to the 3-3/8" mark for the diagonal score (thanks Barb!)
- Cut out "triangles" where the score lines crossed over each other
- Flip paper over and "straight" score at 1" on all four sides - but only down to where the triangle was cut out.
- " Valley" fold 3" scored lines, "mountain" fold 1" score lines
- Fold card together like a box top, tucking under the last fold
- Inside panels measure 4" square Whisper White, 4-1/8" square Wild Wasabi.
- Belly band"strip is 1" x 11" Daffodil Delight.
- Medallion is the 2" (Whisper White) & 2-1/2" (Wild Wasabi) Circle Punches.
- Cotton Twine is attached with my Handheld Stapler trick shown in last week's Box Stand Fun Fold video
- Oh - and it fits in Stampin' Up!'s medium envelope too!!
To see a photo tutorial, visit my Pinwheel Fun Fold Tutorial on Splitcoaststampers.
Or watch my How'd She DO That? video below. Be sure to watch until the end, as you won't want to miss all the extra samples, from simple to the "stepped-up" version shown above...just sayin'!
WATCH VIDEO: Pinwheel Fun Fold
Woohoo...fun, huh? Let me know what you think by leaving a comment...thanks!
Now's the time to stock up on this stunningly beautiful Painted Blooms Designer Series Paper from the 2015 Occasions Catalog, which ends June 2nd.
Dawn's Stamping Supplies
It's that time of year again! Time to say goodbye to retiring products from the 2014-2015 annual catalog. I did update my post yesterday with an additional easy-to-read, view by page # Retired List.
- Retiring List: Stamps & Accessories - PDF (by page#)
For all "retired list" options, and details about retiring products and availability, be sure to check yesterday's Retired List post. That will be the post I'll continue to keep updated.
Note from Dawn (that's me!):
I know yesterday's shopping experience was difficult for many of you. Stampin' Up!'s servers were overloaded, but that doesn't make for a pleasant shopping experience, does it? If you've given up, you still have another option...that's me!! I know...it's the "old-fashion" way. But that's what I'm here for...to serve YOU! Feel free to contact me (email@example.com) with your order list and payment option (be sure to include your full name, address and phone # where I can contact you), and I can process your order for you.
Here's what one of my customers had to say yesterday:
Thank you, thank you for your excellent customer service! ...you represent the best component of the organization. I appreciate you.