I chose the Time of Year stamp set. When I was playing around with the Peace This Christmas stamp set a couple weeks ago, I played around with the "pine bough" image to create a wreath. The wreath came out just fine, but something was missing. So I moved on. But today, I picked it up again and ran with it. It all came together really fast and I'm thrilled with the finished results.
Here's some tips for the wreath:
- Use the pine bough image from Peace This Christmas. Ink with Garden Green and stamp on 3-15/16" x 5-3/16" Whisper White panel.
- Without reinking, rotate the paper slightly and stamp two more times (rotating paper just a smidgen each time). Repeat all the way around in a circle to complete the wreath.
- Now...this was where I was before and thought something was missing. So...I decided to "fill in" with a few more pine images. I inked the stamp and stamped off on a scratch paper first and then stamped more on the wreath. To my horror...I accidentally used Soft Suede ink. Yikes...I thought I'd have to start all over...boo):
- But...when I picked myself up off the floor. I gave it a closer look. Oh my...I liked what I saw. So I kept stamping off on scratch paper once, then 2 times around the wreath. Wow...the wreath seemed more real and it was exactly what it needed. What do you know?
- Happy accident - gotta love those!
Now, onto the Time of Year stamp set. This set is probably my favorite Stampin' Rewards (host) set this year. It has images for all year round, and those banners were a must-have for me!
Merry Christmas card tips:
- Stamp the greeting banner with Cherry Cobbler one scrap of Whisper White. Die cut with Bunch of Banners Framelit Dies, adhere with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Stamp "merry" from Oh, What Fun stamp set. Use scissors to cut into a rectangle, adhere with glue dots.
- Stamp two pinecones from Peace this Christmas with Soft Suede ink. Fussy cut with Paper Snips, adhere with glue dots.
- Tie a bow using Cherry Cobbler Bakers Twine, adhere with glue dots.
- Color Basic Rhinestone Jewels with red Sharpie Markers, attach around wreath.
- Adhere to 4-1/16" x 5-5/16" Early Espresso cardstock, then to folded 11" x 4-1/4" Cherry Cobbler cardstock
So...what do you think? Cool, huh?
To earn this Stampin' Rewards/Host set, place a $150 or more order (or have a party gathering up friends/family orders). Then you'll earn $15 or more in Stampin' Rewards, which you can spend on the Time of Year stamp set or any of the other five Stampin' Rewards choices.
PLUS, when you do that in July, you'll qualify for three $5 Bonus Days Coupons - yay!! (Note: code will be sent to you from Stampin' Up! immediately after you place your order - save your codes!). Redeem your coupon code(s) in August (2nd-31st).
Be sure to check out more "Product Spotlight" inspiration from my DOstamperSTARS Team (click on their names below):
- Dawn Thomas
- Joan Weidling
- Judy Strickling
- Michelle Harrington
- Miriam Bollinger
- Sharon Bennett
- Angela O'Neill
- Cathy Peck
- Dawn Olchefske - you are here!
- Robyn Rasset