Did you notice that three of the Stampin' Up! Sale-a-Bration offerings are only available until February 15th? That's right. Another batch is coming on February 16th. But in the meantime, if the Sky is the Limit stamp set is on your Sale-a-Bration wish list...you'll want to get it sooner than later!
The Sky is the Limit stamp set combines masculine images with four sentiments, giving you lots of flexibility with this set. Whether birthday, valentines, anniversary, graduation and more...there is something for everyone!
This QC card (quick & cute) came together fast once I decided on the layout. The layout is a modification of one of my favorites! Sometimes when working with a new stamp set, you gotta just pull out your old bag of tricks and do some warm-up stamping. I think it worked...don't you?
Sky is the Limit Birthday Card measurements:
- 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" Basic Black card base
- 4" x 5-1/4" Sahara Sand
- 3" x 3-1/2" Very Vanilla
- 3" x 1/2" Basic Black
- 3" x 1" NEW Going Global Designer Series Paper Stack
- 1" x 3" Very Vanilla (punch with Triple Banner punch)
Here's a closer look at...
- Add texture with the new World Traveler Texture Impressions Embossing Folder.
- Note: due to the position of the folder, the texture doesn't go all the way to the top when in the "portrait" position. But I actually liked that look and it gave me space to stamp the clouds.
- Use Basic Black Archival Stampin' Pad for nice crisp stamped images.
- Use my favorite tool, the Handheld Stapler to attach the twine, then tie a bow.
I think this card is a keeper. I showed it to my husband for his reaction, as I knew it would remind him of his father, and we had a nice conversation about how his Dad carried around these tiny little bi-plane game tokens. Any time a handmade card can bring back memories and start a conversation...I think that's a good thing!
Dawn's Stamping Supplies