It's time for another DOstamperSTARS Thursday Challenge. This week we're having a Home Sweet Home challenge.
This week's challenge is a nautical challenge. I first reached for the anchor image in The Open Seas stamp set. But it was a little small. Then I remembered the new Guy Greetings stamp set from the Occasions Catalog - it has a larger anchor image. Exactly what I was looking for! Plus with all the greetings in that set, I was bound for find the perfect greeting too!
Today's card has a unique fun fold called Corner Flip. It's a fairly easy fold to do, but a little hard to explain in writing. A How'd She DO That? video is in the making and will be coming soon.
updated 5/31/2015: Watch the Corner Flip Fun Fold card video
I really wanted a "knot" embellishment. The only knot I can remember from my Girl Scout days is the square knot, so that's what we have here . It's "anchored" down with a Glue Dot (front) and a Stampin' Dimensional (back), so it doesn't slide off.
I think my Dad will enjoy this card on Father's Day.
Check out more "Home Sweet Home" inspiration from DOstamperSTARS (click on their links below) :
- Judy Strickling: Open Sea Sponged Wave card
- Connie Plaumann: Open Sea Collage card
- Miriam Bollinger: Open Sea with Nautical Knot card
- Mackenzie Fuchs: Adventure Awaits card
- Sharon Bennett: Open Sea Collage card
- Dawn Olchefske: Guy Greetings Anchor card
Dawn's Stamping Supplies
update: as of May 26th, all accessories AND stamps available while supplies last
- Retiring List: Stamps & Accessories - PDF (by alpha)
- Retiring List: Stamps & Accessories - PDF (by page#)
- Retiring List: Stamps & Accessories - sortable Excel file
Retiring List: MDS - 30% off on all MDS Products - (note: this product line is retiring in full on May 31st. Be sure to download all your digital products by May 31st
Shop: My Digital Studio