A couple of Saturday's ago, I attended a wedding shower for my niece, Lindsey. In January, she's marrying a young man from Canada. I'm very excited for her to start her next journey of her life. Along with a shower gift, I also like to hand make thank-you cards for the bride-to-be. Here's what I created for her...
Better Together Thank You Cards
- I stamped the greeting from Bunch of Blossoms first onto 3-3/8" x 4-7/8" piece of Whisper White cardstock.. Then stamped the cute little flower from Better Together with Archival Basic Black ink.
- Once I stamped them all (I made 28 cards), then I quickly colored the blooms with an Aqua Painter using Sweet Sugarplum ink...just a quick swipe over the bloom (don't use too much water, as the paper will "pill" - I prefer a drier brush). Once they were mostly dry, I went over the center of the flowers with more color to add a little depth.
- The leaves were colored with a Blender Pen and Mint Macaron ink.
- Once everything was dry, I added a little bling with a Clear Wink of Stella.
- Then adhere completed panel to folded Note cards & Envelopes...the perfect size for thank you cards!
- Wrap completed cards and envelopes (along with postage stamps), in a Gusseted Cello Bag (5 x 11-1/2" - now retired. But the 6" x 17" bag #142001 could work too - just cut to the length you need - see video below for other uses).
- Tie off with ribbon from 3/8" Ribbon Trio Pack.
- Create tag with Scallop Tag Topper Punch. Decorate with flower as done on the cards. Tie onto bag with Whisper White Baker's Twine.
Watch Video: 6" x 17" Gusseted Cello Bag in Action
As you can see, there are lots of ways to use Gusseted Bags. Though, I still like packaging up cards the best!
Stamping Supplies (click on products below to shop online)