Stamping with the STARS #406 Sketch: Best Day with Paper Piecing
March 11, 2023
The DOstamperSTARS are excited to bring you another Stamping with the STARS Inspiration Hop #DOswts406. This week we're happy to share Sketch Inspiration with you.
I really thought I was going to use a floral set with this sketch - as the sketch itself looks beautiful. But I've been itchin' to use the Best Day stamp set, so decided to give that a try.
And it did not disappoint...I love the way it turned out! I think the addition of the fun colors from the Enjoy the Journey Designer Series Paper really helped make this card pop. The "back" side of the paper has some really fun patterns, great for birthday cards.
How'd She DO That? Best Day Birthday card
- Stamps: Best Day
- Mango Melody (11" x 4-1/4" card base)
- Basic White (3-1/2" square for largest circle - stamp first then die cut)
- So Saffron (1-1/4" x 2-1/2" for sentiment banner - stamp first then die cut)
- Enjoy the Journey Designer Series Paper (4" x 5-1/4", 2-3/4 square for circle die cut, 1" x 2" for cupcake liner, scrap to fussy cut hat, balloon, bow tie)
- Ink: Tuxedo Black Memento
- Other: Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine, Stylish Shapes Die Cuts, Opaque Adhesive-Backed Gems, Paper Snips, Take Your Pick Took, Stampin' Seal, Multipurpose Liquid Glue & Stampin' Dimensionals
DOstamping Paper Piecing Tips:
- For the Paper Piecing Technique, it's best to choose paper that has smaller patterns.
- The "back" side of the Enjoy the Journey Designer Series Paper (DSP) is a good choice (see below)
- Just stamp on scraps of DSP and fussy cut out images with Paper Snips.
- Pick up cut pieces with sticky end of the Take Your Pick tool and adhere with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
160586 Enjoy the Journey Designer Series Paper
- From sunsets to sunrises, verdant forests to towering mountains, and every adventure in between, you’re sure to find the perfect backdrop or accent piece with the Enjoy the Journey 12" x 12" Designer Series Paper. We’ve crafted this paper to work as a foundation for your cards, scrapbooks, or keepsakes so that you can layer with stamps, sentiments, dies, embellishments, and more! And don’t forget to use the versatile patterns on the backs of the bolder designs. If you’ve got an adventure, then we’ve got a paper to match!
- Color Coordination: Coastal Cabana, Garden Green, Highland Heather, Mango Melody, Melon Mambo, Polished Pink, Pumpkin Pie, Starry Sky
- Included in the Enjoy the Journey Suite
Add the Best Day and Enjoy the Journey Designer Series Paper to your shopping card today.
Thank you for choosing to shop with me!
- Shop with Dawn
- MARCH Host Code: GTUGZRG6
- MARCH Host Code Gift: 2022-2024 In Color Matte Decorative Dots (w/$65 order)
- MARCH Ordering Gift: Rain or Shine Suite 10-Project Tutorial PDF
- Shop Shop Shop: Bundles (save 10%) | Product Suites | Clearance Rack | NEW Online Exclusives
- Stampin' Up! Catalogs
- Be a Paper Pumpkin Subscriber - get an alternate ideas PDF BONUS each month
- Looking for Stampin' Up! Die Measurements? CLICK HERE
- Join my DOstamperSTARS Team -$99 Starter Kit, Get $125 in product.
Attention email subscribers: If you are reading this from your email, please CLICK HERE to see all of this week's participants
DOstamping Supplies: (click on products below to shop online)
DOtamping Monthly Shopping Tutorial PDF Gift
FREE Rain or Shine Suite 11-Project Tutorial PDF - MARCH
- Place your order with me HERE
- Receive the FREE Tutorial PDF via email, along with your "Thank You" email from me
- Projects feature products from the Rain or Shine Suite.
- This is a personal offer from Dawn Olchefske (DOstamping)
Thank you for Shopping with Dawn
2022-2024 In Color Matte Decorative Dots
MARCH Host Code: GTUGZRG6
(learn more here)
For orders under $150 - CLICK HERE to use the HOST CODE