What do you get when you mix the Secret Door Technique with Stampin' Up!'s Cottage Garden stamp set...a Secret Garden!
My Technique Club members were simply amazed with this project. I kept hearing about the Secret Door technique and wanted to learn about it. After several searches, I came across it here.
Dawns Stamping Tips - Secret Door Technique
1. Start with 5" x 8" piece of cardstock
2. Score at 2", 4", 6"
3. Fold in half at the 4" score mark
4. While folded, cut from fold line to the next score mark at 1-1/4", 2-1/2" & 3-3/4"
5. Open and "weave" 1-15/16" x 5" strips of Designer Series Paper into the center cuts
6. Fold sides/ends of the card over, into the center (like a gate-fold card)
8. To open secret door...with card open, "lift" the center of the card with your thumbs (holding onto a piece of the cardstock "slits") and pull away from each other to reveal the secret door. Sorry, it kind of hard to describe - watch video for demonstration.
SECRET DOOR CARD TECHNIQUE VIDEO (click to view)
Dawns Stamping Supplies
Stamps: Cottage Garden (#117068-w or 120003-c)
Ink: Poppy Parade
Paper: Poppy Parade, Peach Parfait & Summer Garden Designer Series Paper (#101856)
Accessories: Paper Trimmer w/scoring blade, 5-Petal Flower, Boho Blossom & Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack Punches, Rhinestone Jewels, Mat Pack, Stampin' Dimensionals
Purchase the supplies to make this project at my ONLINE STORE
Dawns Stamping Links