Need some simple cards? Letterpress Plates to the Rescue!
November 29, 2010
When Stampin' Up! came out with their new Letterpress Plates (in the Holiday Mini Catalog), I thought - hmm...I don't know about these (in a sing song kinda voice). But the more I played with them, the more I liked them. Plus, in order to let these Letterpress Plate designs take main stage, I feel like the cards should be clean and simple. Like this one, that I did with my Big Shot Club this month.
After running through the Big Shot with the NEW Northern Trim Letterpress Plate (see instructions and video below) - add Pearl Jewels for the perfect finishing touch!
My mom would have liked this card. It has a bit of a Scandinavian feel to it, which she loved.
Dawns Stamping Tips for Letterpress Plates
1. Use porous paper (like watercolor paper). For this card, I used Naturals Ivory
2. Use CRAFT ink to ink your image on the Letterpress Plate. I used Real Red and Old Olive Craft Stampin' Spots
3. Place Letterpress Plate onto the Big Shot Multipurpose Platform (open to tab one)
4. Place cardstock onto to Letterpress Plate
5. Cover with "clean" (new or mainly cut free) Standard Cutting Plate
6. Run through Big Shot Die Cutting Machine
7. Watch LETTERPRESS PLATES VIDEO below for a demonstration and alignment tip
So, if you're interested in Clean and Simple card making, the Letterpress Plates would be the perfect tool for you!
Purchase the Stampin' Up! supplies to make this project at my ONLINE STORE
HOLIDAY BUNDLES - Purchase selected bundled products - perfect for Amazing cards, Beautiful packaging, and Cherished gifts. Priced at 20% off now until December 16th. Click to view the bundle choices!
UP TO 60% OFF CLEARANCE RACK - Only available in my ONLINE STORE and while supplies last. While there, add any current items from your wish list to your order!