Welcome to the Control Freaks January 2010 Tour. We are thrilled to have you join us today. I'm your 10th stop this month. Our tour is nice and short, and features some of your favorite Control Freaks Stampers. In fact, if you started in the middle of the tour, you may have just come from Wendy Janson's blog - welcome!
Our theme for this month is, From the Heart -- Cards, Gifts and Projects for Valentine's Day.
My projects this month focus on some of my favorites from Stampin' Up!'s 2011 Occasions Mini Catalog. So let's get started!
First up...Petal Cone Die Heart Pouch!
I love the way this turned out!
1. I cut two Petal Cones with the Big Shot and left them flat. (When you fold on all of the score lines, they'll make a "cone box"). When you don't fold them, they have a heart shape. Just another great use for this fun die!!!
2. Then I ran it back through the Big Shot with the Lots of Love Letterpress Plate. I didn't use any ink, I just wanted the texture. See close up below.
3. Use Sticky Strip and 5/8" Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon to trim out the top of the heart pouch.
4. Use Sticky Strip on the "tabs" to adhere two sides together.
5. Decorate and enjoy! (see tips below)
The flowers were created with the new Stampin' Up! Build a Blossom stamp set and matching Blossom Petals Punch. I attached them to a 3/4" circle "base". Then topped off with 1/2" circle and a Pearl Jewel. The "love" is from Tiny Tags stamp set and punch with the Jewelry Tag Punch. The ribbon trim is 5/8" Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon.
My next project is 3x3 Blossom Petals Valentine!
Yes - it's only 3x3. The scallop square on the back is a carry-over die from the Holiday Mini Catalog called Scallop Squares Duo #120903 (it cuts two sizes of scallop squares...this one is the larger of the two).
I had fun adding the new Frames Tulips Texture Embossing Folder to the bottom of the card AND the flap on the envelope. I sponged a little regal rose ink on the envelope to make it pop.
Here's a group shot to give you a feel for the size of these projects. The Petal Cone Heart Pouch measures about 6x6 and of course the Love Valentine is 3x3.
Colors for both projects include: Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery & Very Vanilla cardstock and Regal Rose and Old Olive Classic Ink
Well, that wraps up this stop of the tour. I hope you enjoyed it. Now on to more sneak peaks from my wonderfully talented friend, Barb Mullikin.