You won't get seasick with today's card. It uses Stampin' Up!'s newer circle dies (3 inch #122125 and 3-1/2 inch #121811) to create a ships port hole! I saw a similiar card made by fellow demonstrator Kari Metzger and just knew my Stamping Club members would love it!!
This card also features a very cool technique using your leftover rubber pieces, called Mosaic Tile Stamping. So gather up your rubber scraps and follow my tips or check out my video below.
- Cut some leftover rubber into small pieces of varying sizes
- Mount onto Acrylic Block E (or wood block). Tip: arrange pieces so pretty close to each other.
- Now ink it up with VersaMark ink
- Stamp it over an image you have already pre-stamped and colored
- Heat emboss with clear embossing powder and let cool
- Sponge Early Espresso over entire image (be sure to get into the "cracks")
- Wipe clean with a paper towel.
VIDEO: Mosaic Tile Stamping
Dawns Stamping Supplies
(bold items = new from 2011 Summer Mini Catalog )
Stamps: The Open Seas(#123030w or #123032c)
Ink: Jet Black Stazon, Early Espresso, More Mustard, Marina Mist
Paper: Not Quite Navy, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla cardstock and Nautical Expedition Designer Series Paper (#122343)
Accessories: Big Shot, 3" & 3-1/2" Circle Dies, Crop-a-Dile, 2-1/2" Circle Punch, Cutter Tool, Clear Block E, Gold Brads, Early Espresso Baker's Twine #123124, Blender Pen, Stampin' Sponges, Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Toold, Stampin' Dimensionals
Purchase the Stampin' Up! supplies to make this project at my ONLINE STORE
- $99 STARTER KIT. Hey - got a big wish list? Join now and save money!
- Join this month and receive a GIFT FROM ME!
- Want your very own 2011/2012 STAMPIN' UP! IDEA BOOK & CATALOG
- Get organized for your next order by filling out a WISH LIST
- New STAMPIN' UP! HOSTESS REWARDS PROGRAM gives you more options
- Place a $50 or more online order and earn free stamps with my DOstamping LOYALTY REWARDS PROGRAM
- Want all the new ribbon and paper? Check out my PRODUCT SHARES and get a little of each!