When I first saw the Bright Blossoms stamp set from the Stampin' Up! Summer Smooches Promotion, my first thought was..."those images are kind of small. Not generally my style." But after playing around with this adorable set, I guess my style can change and evolve. I can be open to that - he he!
Here's a Bright Blossoms card I made for my Control Freak swap a few weeks ago and also a card for quick thank you notes (you can never have too many thank you notes)!
Speaking of "thank you"...the greeting on this card is from my all-time favorite stamp set, Thank you Kindly (111700). It's a must-have stamp set and I think I shed a little tear when I saw it on the retired list.
Those cute little flags may look like Designer Series Paper (DSP), but they are not. I stamped them using a "Doubletime Stamping" trick!
What is doubletime stamping? Good question! Doubletime Stamping is a little trick I learned many years ago from a papercrafting magazine. It's when you stamp an entire sheet of cardstock and then cut it up to use on many cards. Kind of like creating your own DSP.
Dawn's DoubleTime Stamping Tips
- Select a stamp set was several coordinating images (Bright Blossoms)
- Select 2-4 coordinating ink colors (I chose three...Real Red, Lucky Limeade and Tempting Turquoise)
- Stamp 8-1/2" x 11" piece of Whisper White cardstock starting with your largest image. Stamp all over the entire sheet.
- Take the next largest stamp image and stamp that all over the enter sheet, filling in and around the previous images.
- Take the last image (the smallest) and stamp all over the sheet filling in the "white space".
- Experiment with how "full" and "close" your want your images. If you're using it to cut into small peices like my card above, you'll want your cardstock to be really full of images and less white space. If you're using it for background paper, you can have more white space.
- Cut your stamped sheet into the number of pieces your need for your project and enjoy!
A clean and simple thank you, using Stampin' Up!'s Notecards & Envelopes (107311)...my favorite!
Remember: You can only get the Bright Blossoms stamp set until April 30th. Then it will be back in the new 2012-2013 Annual Catalog on June 1st!!
Dawn Stamping Supplies
Stamps: Thank you Kindly (111700), Bright Blossoms (125495w or 125497c)
Ink/Markers: Real Red, Island Indigo, Lucky Limeade, Tempting Turquoise
Paper: Real Red, Island Indigo, Whisper White
Big Shot (113439): Perfect Polka Dots Texture Impressions Embossing Folder (117335)
Accessories: Mini Silver Brads (122941), Stampin' Dimensionals
Stampin' Up! Retired Accessories List (these lists are updated daily as items become sold out. available until May 31st or while supplies last)
Stampin' Up! Retired Stamps Lists (guaranteed available until May 31st)
SHOP Stampin' Up! Retired Products
For an easier shopping experience...
when in my store, be sure to click Show: All, on the right
Coming May 1st...
Ever thought about joining Stampin' Up!? But...you want to make your own selection of product, YOUR WAY! Well...now you can! That's right, starting May 1st, Stampin' Up! will have an ALL NEW STARTER KIT just for YOU, for only $99! Truly - it IS just for YOU!
More details coming soon!