Coming Soon: Stampin' Up! New Firm Foam Classic Stampin' Pads
May 27, 2012
With the release of the Retired Accessories List last month, it was announced that Stampin' Up! would be updating their Classic Stampin' Pads with a new Firm Foam design.
I've been receiving a lot of questions about the change and have been answering them on a one on one basis so far. But as the last day of ordering retired product is fast approaching (May 31st, only 5 days away), I thought I should share some more information about this exciting new change. That way, you can make a decision on which ink pad is the right fit for you (whether the retiring current ink pad, retiring current Stampin' Spots or the upcoming new Firm Foam Pad).
First off, I want to clarify...
The only thing changing is the pad itself. The inkpad case looks the same and will have the same functionality as it currently does. However, starting on June 1st, you'll notice a few changes which are outlined below.
With the introduction of the Stampin' Up! 2012-2013 Annual Catalog, we have made exciting changes to our Stampin' Pads.
We'll be introducing NEW Stampin' Up! Firm Foam Ink pads! They change your stamping experience for the better.
We know you're going to love these new Stampin' Pads! Just look at all the exciting benefits listed below:
- Provide better ink coverage for your stamps!
- Light-tap stamping produces flawless images!
- Pad stays juicier for longer resulting in better ink pad longevity!
In addition, our new Stampin' Pads
- Have a crisply printed, glossy label on the top of the pad that is easier to read and that will not fade or chip off!
- Come with color name labels in all four languages (English, Spanish, French, and German)-just choose your language, peel it off the back, and add it to the side of the pad for easy identification!
- Use the same patented flip-top case design that stores the inking surface upside down, so the pad surface stays moist!
- Are available in all colors, including our exclusive In Colors!
Please note: Five ink colors have undergone formula changes to improve functionality and color stability with the new firm foam pads. These colors are:
- Basic Black
- Basic Gray
- Marina Mist
- Perfect Plum
- Tempting Turquoise
All five colors of the reformulated inks have been fully tested and approved. While using the new ink formula in the old Stampin' Pads is fine, we do not recommend using the old ink formula in the new firm foam pads. Any current color refills purchased after April 30, 2012, will contain the new formulated ink.*
* However, the new ink formula for Basic Gray, Perfect Plum, and Tempting Turquoise will not be available until June 1. In addition, the Neutrals, Subtles, and Brights ink color collections will not contain the newly formulated ink for Basic Gray, Perfect Plum, and Tempting Turquoise until June 1.
If you have additional questions, be sure to contact me.
Update on Retiring Ink Pad Availability
Some individual Classic Stampin' Pads and Classic Ink Refills are sold out already (be sure to check the Retired Accessories List). However, the Assortment Packs are currently still available:
Classic Stampin' Pads by Collection:
Classic Stampin' Spots by Collection:
Classic Ink Refills by Collection:
Dawn's Product Shares
Yes, I've update my Product Share page. Be sure to check it out. I think you're gonna love it. NOTE: Photos will be updated in June.