Hat & Mittens Punch Art: Stampin' Up! Mitten Builder
October 27, 2012
I've been having fun playing with the NEW Stampin' Up! Mitten Builder Punch and matching stamp set, Make A Mitten.
Here's one of the cards I made this weekend. I used Stephanie Leider's Halloween Card Swap as inspiration for today's Mitten Builder card. I loved her color block design and was just waiting for the right images to use it with. I think the Hat & Mittens Punch Art are a perfect fit. Take a look...
Today's your lucky day...I'm sharing measurements for everything. I know these color block cards can be stricky to figure out. I'm in a good mood, so here you go:
Hat & Mittens Punch Art Color Block Card
- Card base: 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" Whisper White
- Base Layer: 4" x 5-1/4" Baja Breeze (add texture with Big Shot #113439 and Square Lattice TIEF #119976)
- Focus Point Layer: 4-1/8" x 2-7/8" Cherry Cobbler (added with Stampin' Dimensionals)
- Greeting: 3-7/8" x 3/4" Whisper White. Stamp "Christmas Cheer" from Sweet Essentials #126455w or 126457c in Cherry Cobbler Classic Ink
Mitten Builder Punch Art:
- Punch Whisper White mittens with Mitten Builder Punch #127824
- Punch Cherry Cobbler mitten tops with Mitten Builder Punch (Square Lattice texture was added before punching Cherry Cobbler cardstock)
- Stamp "striped border" from Make a Mitten stamp set #127940w or #127943c in Cherry Cobbler Ink on strip of Whisper White cardstock and punch out just the "cuff" part with Mitten Builder Punch. Adhere to mittens.
- Adhere mittens to 1-3/4"x 2-1/4" piece of Snow Festival DSP #126908, with Stampin' Dimensionals
- Tie bow with Cherry Cobbler Bakers Twine #123125 and add with glue dot
XL Oval Hat Punch Art:
Punch Cherry Cobbler "hat" with XL Oval Punch #119859 - cut in half. (Square Lattice texture was added before punching Cherry Cobbler cardstock)
Stamp striped border again in Cherry Cobbler on a scrap of Whisper White cardstock.
Punch out with Word Window Punch #119857 and attach to the bottom of the hat. Trim off sides
There should be enough left of the stamped stripes to punch out a circle using the circle punch from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack #118309. Note: The stripes will not go to the bottom of the punch, but that will be hidden when you attach it to the hat with a glue dot.
Adhere hat to 1-3/4"x 1-1/2" piece of Snow Festival DSP #126908, with Stampin' Dimensionals
Make A Mitten Stamp set 127940w or 127943c
Snow Festival Designer Series Paper #126908
You can look forward to seeing more samples using the Mitten Builder Punch in the coming weeks.
Don't Forget Monday's Spooktacular 15% Off Stamps Sale!