It's time for another DOcelebration! It's a birthday celebration and more! I celebrated a birthday earlier this month, on the 13th. In fact, as it landed on the 2nd Tuesday of the month, it was my Stamping Club night. One of the cards we did was this Pop-Up Birthday Gifts card.
I've been seeing cards like this for a couple years now and have avoided making one. Why? Because I thought they looked too hard. But just like anything else, once you figure it out, it doesn't seem that hard after all. And since it was my birthday, I thought..."let's do it!"
As it's a little more involved, I did make a video. In fact - 2 videos. Today's video features the pop-up technique. Tomorrow's video will feature tips for the balloon punch art on the front of the card - found HERE.
WATCH VIDEO: Pop-Up Birthday Gifts Card
- Fold 8-1/4" x 5-1/4" Very Vanilla in half
- Place fold at top of Paper Trimmer
- Cut through both layers as follows (see video demonstration)
- at 1/2" mark - cut down to 7/8"
- at 1-1/4" mark - cut down to 1-1/2"
- at 2-3/4" mark - cut down to 2"
- at 4-1/2" mark - cut down to 2"
Chalk Talk Products:
- Chalk Talk stamp set (130631w or 130634c)
- Chalk Talk Framelits (129983)
- Chalk Talk Bundle (132731w or 132730c) - SAVE 15%
- Bermuda Bay, Raspberry Ripple, Summer Starfruit, Gumball Green and Very Vanilla card stock
- Raspberry Ripple ink
- Birthday Basics Designer Series Paper (130145)
- 3/4" x 1-3/4"
- 1-1/2" x 3"
- 1-3/4" x 4"
- 1-3/4 x 5-1/2" (for front of card)
- Bone Folder (102300)
- Big Shot Die Cutting Machine (113439)
- Owl Builder Punch (118074)
- Small Oval Punch (120908)
- White Bakers Twine (124262)
- Bermuda Bay 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon (131206)
- Stampin' Trimmer (126889)
- Glue Dots, Stampin' Dimensionals, Snail Adhesive
DOcelebration & More!
OK - I did say more! Well, this summer I surpassed 5 Million hits on my blog...wow!! So let's celebrate!
Dates: 5 Days, August 28 thru Sunday, September 1st
- Leave a comment each day to be entered in my Blog Candy Drawings (Note: to be entered, you must visit my blog post and enter your comment there. If you're reading this in your email - click the "header" of the post title and it will take you to my blog)
- Place an online order with me, now until Sunday, 9/1 and be entered in my special birthday drawing for 3 birthday themed products:
- Bring on the Cake stamp set
- Create a Cupcake stamp set
- Cupcake Builder Punch
- All online orders will automatically be entered in my Mystery Hostess Code drawing. (That's right - you no longer need to enter the hostess code, I will do it for you!!). I will be selecting at least 2 shopping spree winners!
- Drawings will take place after Labor Day and announced here on my blog September 3rd.
It's BLOG CANDY time!
Day #1 Blog Candy -Dawn's 3x6 DSP Swatchbook Collection
Leave a comment on today's blog post and one lucky person will receive a set of my popular 3x6 Designer Series Paper Swatchbooks! (Remember: to be entered, you must visit my blog post and enter your comment there. If you're reading this in your email - click the "header" of the post title and it will take you to my blog)
Best of luck!
- Join Stampin' Up! TODAY and get a FREE BONUS
- Dawn's Products Shares (Annual and Holiday Catalog) - still taking reservations!
- Check out all Stampin' Up! SPECIALS & NEW ARRIVALS
- View all Stampin' Up! Bundles & SAVE 15%
- DOstamping Loyalty Rewards (Earn free stamps on orders of $50 or more)
August's Online Mystery Hostess Code
HOSTESS CODE: 2SC3TGSS
Guess what - Stampin' Up! just updated this feature and I can now enter your hostess code for you. When you order online with me, you'll automatically be entered in my current hostess code drawing. (Note - for orders of $150 or more - you'll select your Stampin' Rewards when you place your order)...yeah!