Have you noticed the Wetlands stamp set on pg 69 of the 2013/2014 Stampin' Up! Annual Catalog? Well, I did. The first thing I noticed was the greetings, which I adore! Why? Because I'm fond of greetings that combine both script and printed text. (And you can never have too many greeting stamps!)
The next thing I noticed was the images. They are good images for masculine cards, which I'm always looking for. However, I was less in love with them, but only because my mind immediatly thought, "watercolor". My talents do not lie in watercoloring. If you have similar thoughts about Wetlands, then you'll enjoy today's non-watercoloring card. Check it out...
TIP: I added the ink color with a sponge dauber using a circular, rubbing motion.
- For my first try at the tag, I stamped the birds in the center and used the sponge dauber to add crumb cake ink on the bottom half and pool party ink on the top half (covering the entire tag). I didn't care for the look of the birds in the center.
- Next I tried stamping them on the lower half and started adding the color like you see above. My intention was to continue all the way up the top 2/3rd of the tag with the Pool Party ink. But something told me to stop. I stood back and examined it at that point and really liked the pop of white at the top. Sometimes "less is more"!
Hope you liked it - enjoy~Dawn O
Dawn's Stamping Supplies
- 126695 Wetlands– wood
- 126697 Wetlands - clear
- Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Pool Party,Whisper White cardstock
- Soft Suede Ink (for birds/greeting)
- Crumb Cake & Pool Party Ink (for sponging)
- 129287 7/16” Natural Trim
- 113439 Big Shot Die Cutting Machine
- 127821 Woodgrain TIEF
- 102892 Sponge Daubers
- Snail Adhesive, Stampin' Dimensionals
- Still taking sign ups for Dawn's Product Shares
- Check out all Stampin' Up! Specials & New Arrivals
- View all Stampin' Up! Bundles & SAVE 15%
- 2 Ways for free Stampin' Up! product with DOstamping Shopping Rewards