Today's Thoughts and Prayers card was offered at my local Card Buffet class last night. It was a very popular card, so I'm thinking the ladies really liked it. I think that was because it was quick and easy, but also looked great! Another reason this is such a nice card is because it's nice and flat, yet features a lot of visual texture. Makes it great for mailing.
This card features a Reverse Masking Technique that I demonstrated for them. Below are step by step instructions for you. I also have a "How'd She DO That?" video.
Reverse Masking Tip:
- Create "reverse mask" using Stampin' Up! Oval Framelits (cut oval from piece of 3-1/2" x 4-3/4" cardstock (save oval cut out for a future project)
- Lay mask onto vanilla panel of same size
- Stamp Woodgrain image with Sahara Sand ink
- Remove mask, then stamp tree & greeting images
NOTE: if you have trouble getting a full image inside the oval window, try using a Stampin' Pierce Mat which can help improve the stamping to get "inside the window" - see it demonstrated in the video below.
WATCH VIDEO: Easy Reverse Masking Technique
I hope you enjoyed this card as much as the ladies last night did. Thanks for stopping by!
Dawn's Stamping Supplies
- 128751 Thoughts & Prayers - wood
- 127805 Thoughts & Prayers - clear
- 128763 Woodgrain - wood
- 127808 Woodgrain - clear
- 121043 Sahara Sand cardstock (8-1/2" x 5-1/2")
- 121045 Basic Black cardstock (3-3/4" x 5")
- 101650 Very Vanilla cardstock (3-1/2" x 4-3/4")
- 126976 Sahara Sand Ink
- 101406 Black Staz On Ink
- 113439 Big Shot Die Cutting Machine
- 129381 Oval Framelits
- 132976 Silver Bakers Twine - (8")
- Snail Adhesive, Stampin' Dimensionals, Glue Dots
Don't Forget to choose your FREE GIFT with $50 purchase!
NOTE: any products adding up to $50 will count towards a Sale-a-Bration qualifying order!
Thank you for Shopping with Dawn