It's time for another DOstamperSTARS Thursday Challenge. This week it's a Home Sweet Home challenge.
When I first saw this week's challenge, I instantly thought of an Easter Basket. And when I first saw the Hardwood Background stamp in the 2014 Occasions Catalog - I thought also of a basket. In today's card, those two thoughts collide and here's the outcome...
Here's some tips from Dawn, for today's Easter Basket card:
- The Hardwood Stamp has natural places to cut the "wood" into strips. Cut and weave together
- Use Oval Collection Framelits for basket shape, handle and eggs
- Color a Candy Dot with a black Sharpie Marker. I colored a pink one and it turned out looking a little like copper. I thought it would be black - but I like the happy accident!
- Use Fringe Scissors for the grass.
- Finished card measures 4-1/2" x 3-1/2"
4/17/14: Edited to add How'd She DO That? Video
WATCH VIDEO: Stampin' Up! Hardwood Basket Video
To make this card, see supply list below.
Check out more "Home Sweet Home" inspiration from DOstamperSTARS (click on their links below):
- Miriam's Blessed Easter Card
- Connie's Punch Art Easter Basket Card
- Sharon's Happy Easter Card
- Cindy's Floral Card
- Robyn's Iridescent Easter Eggs Card
Dawn's Stamping Supplies
- 133032 Hardwood stamp set - wood
- 133035 Hardwood stamp set - clear
- 128748 Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set - wood
- 127802 Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set - clear
- 130514 Gorgeous Grunge stamp set - wood
- 130517 Gorgeous Grunge stamp set - clear
- Crumb Cake, Melon Mambo, Gumball Green, Coastal Cabana Ink
- Crumb Cake, Pink Pirouette, Pistachio Pudding, Pool Party cardstock
- Naturals White cardstock (7" x 4-1/2" fold for card base)
- 113439 Big Shot Die Cutting Machine
- 129381 Oval Collection Framelits
- 133325 Fringe Scissors
- 133522 Sweet Sorbet Accessory Pack (free SAB - ends 3/31)
- 130933 Candy Dots - Subtles
- 101610 Stampin' Sponges
- Snail Adhesive, Stampin' Dimensionals, Glue Dots
- Black Sharpie Marker
Thank you for Shopping with Dawn