DOstamperSTARS Thursday Challenge #090: Birdhouse Punch Art
July 10, 2014
It's time for another DOstamperSTARS Thursday Challenge! This week it's a Color My World challenge.
I just have to say, "I am lovin' this card!"
Sometimes what you have in your head actually translates to paper. This was one of those times - it worked. What worked? The birdhouse. The minute I saw the new What's Up Punch in the new Stampin' Up! Annual Catalog - I immediately envisioned a birdhouse.
How to make Dawn's "What's Up" Birdhouse:
- Stamp Hardwood image with Crumb Cake ink onto Crumb Cake cardstock
- Punch 1/4" circle in the previously stamp piece. Use the new 1/4" Handheld Punch
- Then punch the "large arrow" shape (aka birdhouse) from the same shape, positioning the negative 1/4" circle space in the lower part of the birdhouse. Sponge with Crumb Cake ink
- Punch 2 more "birdhouse" shapes - another from Crumb Cake, and one from Coastal Cabana (cut off triange "roof" and sponge with Crumb Cake ink)
- Adhere roof onto birdhouse. Then adhere that layer onto last punched Crumb Cake "birdhous" shape with Stampin' Dimensionals
- Decorate as desired
- Hmm...do you need a "How'd She DO That" video? Sometimes things are easier to show than to write out. Let me know.
Additional tips from Dawn:
- To get the "thinking of you" greeting positioned correctly on the arrow...I stamped the greeting upside down and then punched with the What's Up punch (discovered that via trial and error)
- To adhere the sequins: I "rolled" up glue dots to give them a slightly raised look.
I hope you enjoyed this card as much as I did making it!
Happy Stamping~Dawn O
Check out more "Color Challenge" inspiration from DOstamperSTARS (click on their links below):
- Cindy's Sketched Birthday Fun Fold card
- Miriam's Cool Pergola card
- Sharon's Work of Art card
- Connie's Cupcake Party card
- Robyn's Little Buddy card
- Mackenzie's Shaker Card
- Mackenzie's Convention Swap Card
NOTE: As many of the STARS community will be at the Stampin' Up! #InspireCreateShare2014 Convention next week, we'll be taking a break. See you for the next Thursday Challenge on July 24th.
Dawn's Stamping Supplies
Thank you for Shopping with Dawn
- Designer Series Paper Special - buy 3, get the 4th for free!
- Dawn's 2014-15 Annual Catalog Product Shares & Swatchbooks - Reduced pricing until 7/14
- Clearance Rack - Just updated!
- Don't forget to check out this weeks 25% off Weekly Deals
- Orders of $50 receive DOstamping Loyalty Rewards, redeemable for a free stamp set or framelit - double points July 10 & 11 on orders of $75 or more!