Happy Thanksgiving to you all! I'm so thankful for all of you, my readers, customers, DOstamperSTARS and fellow demonstrators. You each touch my life in so many wonderful ways and for that I'm grateful! Have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving!
It's time for another DOstamperSTARS Thursday Challenge. This week we're having a Sketch Challenge!
I'm lovin' this week's sketch, don't you? It's clean and simple, and I decided to use it for my family's Christmas invitations. I grabbed the new Holiday Invitation stamp set (from the 2014 Holiday Catalog) and got stamping!
This is not a traditionally sized card. I created it to maximize the 6-1/2" x 4-1/2" Trim The Tree Designer Series Paper Stack. See my tips below.
Dawn's Paper Stack Card Tips:
- Cut a sheet of DSP in about half (3-1/4" x 4").
- Each sheet creates two cards
- Save the cut off pieces to decorate your envelope
- For that size of DSP, I then calculated I needed a card base that measured 8-1/2" x 3-1/2" (score at 4-1/4").
- One sheet of 8-1/2" x 11" cardstock will create three cards!!
- As this creates a smaller size card (3-1/2" x 4-1/4"), I was able to create a focal point that could be positioned partially off the card and will still fit into a medium envelope.
- Similar to a "tent" style card
Creating the focal point "Scallop Tag Topper Ornament":
This trick was shared with me by one of my DOstamperSTARS Miriam Bollinger
Everyone's getting a different pattern paper. I had a hard time deciding on just one pattern, so I used several and both sides too!
Here's a closer look, a Rhinestone colored with the Stampin' Blendabilities™ Markers Cherry Cobbler . Plus the invitation inside and the decorated envelope too. I really like this stamp set, Holiday Invitation. It comes with a great selection of images and everything you need for invites.
I'm really happy with the finished invitations. They are all ready to hand out today at Thankgiving dinner. Yay - one-step ahead (that doesn't happen often).
Thanks for stopping by~Dawn O
Check out more "Sketch Challenge" inspiration from DOstamperSTARS (click on their links below): Just a couple of brave souls joining us this week...
- Robyn Rasset: Bearing Gifts card
- Miriam Bollinger: Flower Patch card
- Sharon Bennett: Holiday Invitation Thanks card
- Cindy Techlin: Endless Wishes card
Dawn's Stamping Supplies
Join Stampin' and become a STAR!
Dates: November 24 thru December 2, 2014
- Stampin' Up!'s $99 Starter Kit will be discounted 25% - to only $74.20!
- You choose $125.00 worth of Stampin’ Up! product (That's $50 worth of FREE product!)
- Choose catalog, online product, sale items, weekly deals...
- Free Shipping - save another 10% (you only pay sales tax)
- Includes a set of catalogs & business forms to get you started
- Receive 5% cash back on your December Sales (includes your personal purchases , as well as outside sales, family, friends, etc)
- Cash back is in addition to your everyday demonstrator discounts and will be paid in January.
I look forward to welcoming you to my DOstamperSTARS Community!
Thank you for Shopping with Dawn
- Online Extravaganza Sale Continues through December 2nd
- Save 20-50% Online Extravaganza Sale
- Purchase Starter Kit 20% off, plus bonus!
- Banner Blessings Stamp Set, November Photopolymer Release
- SHOP | VIEW: 2014 Holiday Catalog
- SHOP | VIEW: Holiday Catalog Supplement
- Don't forget to check out this weeks 25% off Weekly Deals
- Holiday Catalog Product Shares & Swatchbooks
- Orders of $50 or more receive DOstamping Loyalty Rewards, redeemable for a free stamp set or framelit