Welcome to the Control Freaks December. We are thrilled to have you join us today (will be live by 12:01am 11/20). Our tour features some of your favorite Control Freaks Stampers sharing projects made with Stampin' Up! products. In fact, you may have just come from the fabulous Mary Brown's blog.
Our theme for this month is: All New 2015 Occasions & Sale-a-Bration
Big Day Birthday Bash Mini Treat Bag
Oh my gosh...I'm in love! With what? The Mini Treat Bag Thinlit Dies in the 2015 Occasions Catalog. They are super easy and fast to put together. All you need is some cute paper (we got you covered with fun new Designer Series Papers!). But instead, I reached for some (135828) Festive Designer Kraft Paper Rolls (from the 2014 Holiday Catalog). It's really the perfect paper for treat bags! I maybe have to get some more before it's gone.
Here's what you'll need to make the Mini Treat Bag:
- 6x6 piece of paper
- 3x6 piece of paper
- Sticky Strip or Fast Fuse (I used Fast Fuse) - just 3 places to adhere
- Just cut and adhere, and your done.
- Oh, one more thing...squeal with delight, because they are just so darn cute!
I filled my Mini Treat Bag with three fun size pieces of candy. It's decorated with fun new birthday products from both the 2015 Occasions Catalog and free items from the Sale-a-Bration brochure.
Dawn Stamping Supplies
- Big Day Stamp Set (139109w or 139112c) - free Sale-a-Bration choice
- 139112 Big Day Clear Stamp Set - Occasions Catalog
- 135828 Festive Designer Kraft Paper Rolls - Occasions Catalog
- 137547 Mini Treat Bag Thinlits Dies - Occasions Catalog
- 137783 Birthday Bash Specialty Designer Series Paper - Occasions Catalog
- 137898 Calypso Coral Pompom Trim - Occasions Catalog
- 113439 Big Shot
- 132173 Banners Framelits Die
- 134586 Crushed Curry Baker's Twine
- 134365 1/8" Circle Handheld Punch
- 132708 Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad
- 133623 Bermuda Bay Assortment Stampin' Blendabilities Markers - Occasions Catalog
- 130996 Stampin' Blendabilities™ Markers Calypso Coral Assortment
- 129026 Fuse Fast Adhesive
Here's a size comparison to our Polka Dot Gift Bags (135503):
New Squashed Pearls Technique (spawned by laziness!)
This card had several different renditions until I settled on a clean and simple look. The wreath image from the new 2015 Occasions stamp set, Your Perfect Day is stamped with Wild Wasabi ink. Then slightly rotate the stamp and stamp again without reinking (repeat one more time). The Pearl Basic Jewels were colored with the new Pink Pirouette Blendabilities Marker.
Confession time: This is where my card plan changed and the laziness factor comes in...I decided I wanted to die cut the wreath with a Circle Collections Framelit. But, I didn't want to take the time to remove the pearls (and possibly tear the paper, which is a valid concern), so I said to myself - "what the heck, let's see what happens". Oh my gosh...I was stunned at the results, which I've coined "Squashed Pearls". What a wonderful happy accident, right? Even my husband was impressed.
Ok, so... if someone else has already discovered the awesomeness of this (and I just never heard about it because I live in a cave) - please don't tell me...just let me bask in the glow of my awesome discovery. In fact, be sure to leave a comment telling me about my awesomeness. That will hold me for a day or two. Thank you!
Dawn's Stamping Supplies
- Your Perfect Day Stamp Set (138850w, 138853c or 137160p) - Occasions Catalog
- 131179 Smoky Slate Classic Stampin' Pad
- 126959 Wild Wasabi Classic Stampin' Pad
- 133625 Pink Pirouette Assortment Stampin' Blendabilities Markers - Occasions Catalog
- 100730 Whisper White 8-1/2" X 11" Card Stock
- 111351 Pink Pirouette 8-1/2" X 11" Card Stock
- 113439 Big Shot
- 130911 Circles Collection Framelits Die
- 127023 Delicate Designs Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
- 133787 Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack
- 134577 Blushing Bride Baker's Twine
- 119247 Pearl Basic Jewels Embellishments
- 103683 Glue Dots
- 104430 Stampin' Dimensionals
Well, that wraps up this stop of the tour. I hope you enjoyed my projects this month! Now on to more creative inspiration from fellow freak Wendy Weixler