It's time for another DOstamperSTARS Thursday Challenge. This week we're having a Color My World challenge.
"Totally Girly" - that's what I thought when I saw this week's color combo. What's more girly than butterflies and flowers...right?
The "wavy" image from Work of Art was inked up with Stampin' Write Markers. Stamp once, and stamp again without reinking. See below for the butterfly feature...
Negative Butterfly Flower Medallion
- Adhere together Whisper White 1-3/8" Circle & Crisp Cantaloupe Flower Medallion
- Hold flower punch-out with your thumb and middle finger - at the widest point
- Slide into Bitty Butterfly Punch while still holding onto it, thumb and finger on either side of the punch (like shown below)
- Position the flower in the punch while still holding it, so your thumb and finger are aligned about in the middle of the butterfly image (like shown below)
- You might not get it just right the first time, so punch a couple extras. I'm sure you'll get the hang of it after a couple tries.
Here's the Crisp Cantaloupe version. Couldn't decide which one I would like, so I made both colors.
We made these cards on Mother's Day when my grandsons were over. Everyone had something to do...Max and Sam help fold the cards in half and punch the white circles. Angie punched flowers and negative butterflies. I did the stamping and voila - it all came together fast!
As Max was helping me write up today's post, he says to me, "These are fun Umma. You could make a lot of cards using just these three colors. Well...and white too."
When I asked him which one was his favorite, he replied, "I know pink is for girls, but I like that one the best!"
I just had to smile!
So...which one is your favorite? Melon Mambo or Crisp Cantaloupe
Check out more "Color My World" inspiration from DOstamperSTARS (click on their links below) :
Sneak Peak Products - Get them now!
Like I mentioned last week, Stampin' Up! Demonstrators are in their "Sneak Peek" period, where we get to purchase a sampling of new products and host sets, and a see samples from the 2015-2016 Annual Catalog. The new catalog officially begins June 2.
You can can them now too! In Color Products (shown here), stamps, punches, embellishments, fun Designer Series Paper and more!
- Purchase the $99 Starter Kit
- Choose up to $125 in products of your own choice (including Sneak Peek & Host Set products)
- Receive one case of catalogs (new and current) - value $30
- Receive business starter pack - value $35
I'd love to have you join my Community of STARS
Got questions - contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to Join Today!
Dawn's Stamping Supplies