DOstamperSTARS Thursday Challenge #117: Beautiful Lotus
January 29, 2015
It's time for another DOstamperSTARS Thursday Challenge. This week we're having a Color Challenge!
This week's color combo just screamed flowers (at least to me). So I pulled out the brand new Lotus Photopolymer stamp set (a free Sale-a-Bration choice with a $50 order) and literally just started stamping. Usually I hmm and haw about layouts and such. But as I was short on time, I told myself...just play with the image and see what comes. And boy - it happened fast. The card came together just like that and I'm lovin' the results. I may have to talk to myself like that more often - ha!
Lotus Stamping Tips:
Let's talk a little bit about this unique stamp set. Why do I say unique? For a couple of reasons.
- It's a 3-step stamp set
- The stamp sheet it comes on has #'s for each of the stamps so you know which order to stamp them in
- The stamps have a "positioning tab" on them (mount on the block with tab facing in the "north" position) - helps to position all three stamps correctly
- The stamping is all backwards. At least from the way I used to teach about 2-step stamping. I generally teach people to start with the lighter color first, then stamp the dark color. However since it's photopolymer, a see-thru clear stamp - you actually start dark and work to the lighter color.
Here's what I did :
- Image #1 is stamped with Blackberry Bliss
- Image #2 is stamped with Rose Red
- Image #3 is first inked with Rose Red, stamp off on scratch paper first, then without reinking - stamp to complete the flower image
Hope you find these tips helpful. I know you're gonna enjoy this stamp set - especially since it's FREE!
Have a lovely day~Dawn O
Check out more "Color Challenge" inspiration from DOstamperSTARS (click on their links below):
- Cindy Techlin: Painted Blooms Thank you Cards
- Laurie Zoellmer: Petal Potpourri Mini Treat Pocket Card
- Robyn Rasset: Stippled Blossoms Card
- Sharon Bennett: Crazy About You Card
- Miriam Bollinger: Butterfly Basics Card
Dawn's Stamping Supplies
Customize your Starter Kit & Choose FREE Product too!
When you purchase the Starter Kit during Sale-a-Bration, you'll receive a bonus of your choice!
- Dates: January 6 through March 31
- Customizable your Starter Kit your way! For just $99, you get:
- Your choice of up to $125 worth of any current Stampin' Up! products
- A business supply pack valued at $50
- That's a total value of $175
- Plus choose one of the following options for free!
Option #1: Receive a FREE Simply Created Project Kit from the occasions catalog with your Starter Kit.
- Option #2: Receive 2 FREE Sale-A-Bration items of your choice with your Starter Kit.
My community of STARS are located all over the United States. We have occasional local meetings, but mostly we gather online. From sharing creative ideas and tips, swaps, business tips and more...we have a fabulous and supportive community that is looking forward to giving you a warm welcome!
Prefer a "local" connection? Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can try to connect you with a STAR who is more local to you.
Need more information about Stampin' Up! & my DOstamperSTARS? Learn more here
Are you Ready? Become a STAR Today!
Click "join now" button
Thank you for Shopping with Dawn
- Dawn's 2015 Occasions Catalog Product Shares
- SHOP | VIEW: 2015 Occasions Catalog
- VIEW: Sale-a-Bration (FREE product with $50 order)
- Don't forget to check out this weeks 25% off Weekly Deals
- Visit the Clearance Rack - up to 80% off
- Orders of $50 or more receive DOstamping Loyalty Rewards, redeemable for a free stamp set or framelit