It's time for another DOstamperSTARS Thursday Challenge. This week we're having a Home Sweet Home photo inspiration challenge.
When I saw this week's Thursday Challenge I was kind of stumped. My first thought was of the "sunshine" greeting from the Feel Goods stamp set. Then next...how to create the sunshine. And it hit me...there's a "sunshine" stencil (mask) in the Hooray It's Your Day Card Kit. So that's where I started.
When I started playing around with the mask, I found I wasn't really getting the look I was going for...the rays AND a sun. Then it hit me...use the mask like a stamp, which is where the "reverse mask stamping" comes in to play. Here's what I did...
Reverse Mask Stamping
- Ink up the mask itself using ink refills (Daffodil Delight & Rose Red) and Stampin' Sponges. Randomly dab on the color.
- Liberally spritz the inked up mask with water (spritzer came with the kit - woohoo!)
- Place a piece of Watercolor Paper onto mask, press and hold to make sure the paper absorbs the ink and water.
- Remove paper from the mask and delight in your awesomeness!
- (Hmm...I'm feeling a How'd She DO That? video coming in the future. What do you think?)
NOTE: Let dry before stamping the greeting. Also...I recommend stamping the greeting with Stazon Jet Black Ink. I tried the Memento ink and the results were disappointing; not nice and crisp like the Stazon.
Now that I've cracked open the Hooray It's Your Day Project Kit, I may have to play with it some more!
Check out more "Color Challenge" inspiration from DOstamperSTARS (click on their links below) :
- Connie Plaumann: Kinda Eclectic Boho Blossoms Card
- Mackenzie Fuchs: Three fabulous cards
- Miriam Bollinger: Balloon Bash Card
- Judy Strickling: Ray of Sunshine Card
- Ashley Simmons: Painted Petals Card
- Sharon Bennett: Kinda Eclectic Card
- Robyn Rasset: Big News Awesomeness Card
- Dawn Olchefske: Feel Goods Reverse Mask Card
- Linda Kaufman: Sheltering Tree Card
Dawn's Stamping Supplies
Remember...from the day the Butterflies Thinlits are available again (hopefully Friday) through April 30, Stampin' Up! is bringing you two special offers:
- Get the Butterflies Thinlits Dies  - 15% discount--just $21.20!
- Buy any of the Butterflies Thinlits Bundles at the already-discounted price
- Butterfly Clear-Mount Bundle 
- Butterfly Wood-Mount Bundle 
- Butterfly Basics Photopolymer Bundle 
- and choose one of three FREE Sale-A-Bration items (available while supplies last)!
- Best Year Ever Designer Series Paper (item 138633)
- Best Year Ever Accessory Pack (item 138634)
- Irresistibly Yours Specialty Designer Series Paper (item 138635)