Here's the next video in my Fun Fold Card Series and it features the Tunnel Card Fun Fold. It was one of three projects we did at my Stamping Club Class last month. We used Occasions Catalog products (Birthday Balloon stamp set). However, for today's video, I reached for some new product...Watercolor Wings Bundle and Fluttering Texture Impressions Folder.
I kept the front of the card pretty clean and simple. But boy, it packs a wow! The new Fluttering Textured Impressions Embossing Folder is awesome and a must-have! I didn't want the texture over the entire card, so I had to do a little fadoodling to figure out to do it (tips shown in the video). Love the results!
Here's a closer look at the smaller butterfly from the Watercolor Wings Photopolymer Bundle
- Stamp outline image with Elegant Eggplant
- Stamp inside details with Wisteria Wonder
- Die cut with Butterflies Framelit
- Add the new Silver MetallicThread (tips shown in video)
- Adhere to card with Stampin' Dimensionals.
As pretty as the front of the card is, the even bigger wow is when you open it up to reveal the "tunnel" on the inside of the card.
Here's some Tunnel Card details:
- Only uses two 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" sheets of card stock.
- The "window" piece is scored at 2-1/8, 4-1/4" & 6-3/8"
- Die cut a window in the center of the window piece (I used Oval Collection Framelits)
- The "base" piece is stamped before folded in half (tips shown in the video)
- Only adhere the left panel and the right panel of the window piece to the base piece.
- Decorate the front of the card as you like
- See a demonstration in the video below (watch until the end for three more samples)
WATCH VIDEO: Watercolor Wings Tunnel Fun Fold Card
Comment left on my YouTube channel: Another way to only emboss where you want could be to let the top plate cover only the part you want embossed ie: not covering the whole embossing folder. (Thanks goes to Louise Rolf!)
So...what do you think about Tunnel cards? Fabulous, right?!
Thanks for stopping by~Dawn O
Dawn's Stamping Supplies