It's time for another DOstamperSTARS Thursday Challenge. This week we're having a Home Sweet Home challenge.
Isn't this a darling picture for this week's challenge? What little girl wouldn't want her bedroom to look like this...just adorable!
For today's card, I decided to focus on the cupcake (color and texture). I really wanted to get the swirly look of the frosting and I think I was able to achieve it using the Work of Art stamp set.
For the frosting, on a scratch piece of Whisper White cardstock, stamp image three times without reinking (Melon Mambo). I moved the stamp upwards a little bit each time I stamped. Then punch with Cupcake Builder Punch. For the final card, I used a Stampin' Sponge to ink up the edges of the "frosting"
For the cupcake bottom, stamp chevron image (from Work of Art) for a tone on tone look with Wisteria Wonder. Add Baker's Twine with Stampin' Up! Handheld Stapler and tie in a bow. The Silver Glimmer star used the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack.
Here's what's NEW:
Love the Tags & Labels Framelit Dies. It comes with 13 dies...what a bargain at $27. I can see myself reaching for these a lot! For their measurements, check out my Framelits Sizes page
Enjoy! ~Dawn O
Check out more "Home Sweet Home" inspiration from DOstamperSTARS (click on their links below)
- Connie Plaumann: Sprinkles of Life Cupcake Card
- Heidi Vinkemeier: Happy Bloomin' Birthday Card
- Ashley Simmons: Sprinkles of Life Birthday Card
- Sharon Bennett: Sassy Salutations Birthday Card
- Robyn Rasset: Cottage Greetings Birthday Card
- Judy Strickling: English Garden Birthday Card
- Miriam Bollinger: Awesomely Artistically Card
- Dawn Olchefske: Work of Art Cupcake Card
Dawn's Stamping Supplies
- Download: 2015-16 Annual Catalog PDF (large file)
- Don't forget to check out this weeks 25% off Weekly Deals
- Visit the Clearance Rack - up to 80% off
- Learn about DOstamping Rewards Programs
- July VIP Hostess Code = CHAUH36M (learn more here)
Watercolor Wishes Kit...now available for purchase!
Check out Dawn's Annual Catalog Product Shares
(Taking reservations for round 2)