DOstamperSTARS Thursday Challenge #143: Awesomely Artistic
August 06, 2015
It's time for another DOstamperSTARS Thursday Challenge. This week we're having a Home Sweet Home challenge.
Lots of inspiration for this week's DOstamperSTARS Thursday Challenge...ferns, butterflies, dragonflies, birds, color and patterns and more! It was hard to resist going with the butterflies, but I decided to crack open a new stamp set called Awesomely Artistic. It has an eclectic mix of realistic images and textured graphics that are great for collage stamping. In addition, I wanted to focus on the color combo...Marina Mist and Mint Macaron.
If you watched my latest How'd She DO That? video where I demonstrated a sponging technique, I used the same technique with today's card. Just switched it up a little bit.
Dawn's Stamping & Sponging Tips
- Stamp flower "bunch" with Marina Mist
- Stamp fern images with Mint Macaron - some of them I stamped-off
- Stamp splatter image with Marina Mist - inked once and stamped several times
- Sponge the panel edges and flower bunch with Marina Mist
- Sponge the ferns and filled in white space with Mint Macaron
- Stamp greeting (from Butterfly Basics) with Marina Mist
It's hard to see, but I added Dazzling Diamonds Glitter to the center of the flowers (with a 2-way Glue Pen)
I wanted the dragonfly to stand out a little more, so I did something a little bit different.
Dawn's Dragonfly Tips
- Stamp dragonfly with Marina Mist ink
- Quickly (move fast) sprinkle Clear Embossing Powder over the dragonfly. Don't worry if it didn't get completely covered - that's OK.
- Melt powder with Heat Tool - let cool off
- Use the Mint Macaron Stampin' Write Marker to add a little color to some of the white spaces in the dragonfly.
- Take a sponge and move the color around. This will fill in some of the white space and also remove the excess ink from the embossed areas.
- Use 2-way Glue Pen to randomly add Dazzling Diamonds Glitter for a little more sparkle!
It was hard to capture the beauty of this card in a photograph (plus I have a burned out light that takes a special bulb. Gotta get my hubby to look into that for me - ha!). In real life, it's gorgeous! But I think that might be easy to accomplish with such a beautiful stamp set.
Check out more "Home Sweet Home" inspiration from DOstamperSTARS (click on their links below)
- Connie Plaumann: Butterfly Basics Card
- Robyn Rasset: Watercolor Wings Card
- Sharon Bennett: Watercolor Wings Card
- Miriam Bollinger: Awesomely Artistic
- Judy Strickling: You've Got This Card
- Dawn Olchefske: Awesomely Artistic
Dawn's Stamping Supplies
- Download: 2015-16 Annual Catalog PDF (large file)
- Don't forget to check out this weeks 25% off Weekly Deals
- Visit the Clearance Rack - up to 60% off - just added few new items!
- Learn about DOstamping Rewards Programs
- August VIP Hostess Code = PVMFY4CR (learn more here)
Check out Dawn's Annual Catalog Product Shares