It's time for another DOstamperSTARS Thursday Challenge. This week we're having a Color challenge. Plus I'm doing some personal celebrating today. Two reasons, 1) It's my birthday!! and 2) last month I reached my $700k sales milestone with Stampin' Up!. Woohoo for me! And woohoo for you, as I'm offering Blog Candy today!. See below for details.
When I saw this week's color combo, I immediately thought of the new Pretty Petals Designer Series Paper Stack. It's one of my favorite papers this year and I was excited to use it for today's card.
I wanted to be able to showcase several of these lovely patterns, so here's what I did:
- Punch (9) 1" squares of Pretty Petals DSP Stack
- Adhere squares to a piece of 3-1/4" square Very Vanilla cardstock
- Adhere that to a piece of 3-1/2" square Basic Black cardstock
- Adhere to 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" Calypso Coral card with Stampin' Dimensionals
- See it in action with my How'd She DO That? video
I also noticed how nicely it pairs with the new Endless Thanks Photopolymer Stamp Set and used it to create the medallion as follows:
- Stamp flower in Calypso Coral ink
- Stamp greeting in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink
- Stamp leaves in Old Olive ink (I did this last, so I could position the leaves in within the greeting area)
- Punch with Label Bracket
- Punch Banner(s) in Old Olive and Basic Black and adhere to back of punch out.
- Staple piece of Basic Black Bakers Twine and tie in a bow
- Adhere Rhinestone Jewel to flower center
I love the way this card turned out. It's my virtual "Thank You Card" to all of my fabulous customers who help me achieve my goals and give me the ability to do this kind of work. Something I never considered that I could ever make a living from...doing something I love and sharing it with you! THANK YOU!
Check out more "Color" inspiration from DOstamperSTARS (click on their links below)
- Connie Plaumann: Butterfly Basics Card
- Sharon Bennett: Endless Birthday Wishes Trifold Shutter Card
- Miriam Bollinger: Whole Lot of Lovely Card
- Judy Strickling: Boho Chic Hello
- Ashley Simmons: Watercolor Wings Card
- Dawn Thomas: Whole Lot of Lovely Card
- Dawn Olchefske: Endless Thanks Card
Dawn's Stamping Supplies
In celebration of my birthday and milestone achievement, today I have gifts for you!
Five lucky winners will receive...
Pretty Petals Designer Series Paper Stack
It's easy to enter to win!
- Just leave a comment on this post and you'll be entered for the drawing
- If you receive my blog post emails, then you'll need to click on the title in the body of the email (typically in blue type). It will take you to this blog post. Scroll down and post a comment.
- Leave your comment by Sunday, August 16th
- Drawing and winners will be announced on my blog on Monday, August 17th
- Up to 5 winners will be selected
- If your comment is selected, it will be posted on Monday and you'll need to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name and mailing address, so I can mail your prize to you.
Good luck and thanks for celebrating with me!
- Download: 2015-16 Annual Catalog PDF (large file)
- Don't forget to check out this weeks 25% off Weekly Deals
- Visit the Clearance Rack - up to 60% off
- Learn about DOstamping Rewards Programs
- August VIP Hostess Code = PVMFY4CR (learn more here)
Check out Dawn's Annual Catalog Product Shares
Holiday Catalog Shares coming soon!