I'm excited to announce, I'm the Guest Tutorial Author on Splitcoaststampers today! I'm sharing a Double Fold Gate Card tutorial for Splitcoaststampers. Woohoo!
This type of Fun Fold card works best with double sided paper, perfect for Stampin' Up!'s Designer Series Paper. I chose a fun new Halloween paper from the 2015 Holiday Catalog, called Happy Haunting
Double Fold Gate Card Measurements
- 12" x 5-1/2" piece of Happy Haunting Designer Series Paper
- Score at 2", 4", 8", & 10"
- Turn and pencil mark 2-3/4" on top and bottom
- Diagonal cut from top of 4" score to side 2-3/4" mark, and from top of 8" score to other side 2-3/4" mark (save these pieces to decorate the card)
- 3-1/4" x 4-3/4" piece of Very Vanilla cardstock
- 3-1/2" x 5" piece of Basic Black cardstock
- Be sure to watch the How'd She DO That? video for a demonstration
I had fun decorating this card by extending the stamping to the inside of the card. So when it's opened, it would like like a spooky moon scene. The new Among The Branches stamp set worked perfectly to achieve the look I was going for.
NOTE: if you like to Bundle & Save (15% off), then you'll want to check out the Among The Branches Photopolymer Bundle  (bundled with the Woodland Texture Impressions Embossing Folder (a must-have!).
Be sure to check out my How'd She DO That? video for a demonstration of the diagonal cuts, what to do with the the leftover from those cuts, how to do the folding and two more card ideas for you!
WATCH VIDEO: Happy Haunting Double Fold Gate Card
See more Double Fold Gate Cards:
So...what did you think? Fun, huh? Now it's your turn. Get out your double sided paper and have fun making your own Double Fold Gate Cards!
Dawn's Stamping Supplies
- Just one more day for HALFOFF new Paper Pumpkin subscriptions
- SHOP | VIEW: 2015 Holiday Catalog
- Don't forget to check out this weeks 25% off Weekly Deals
- Visit the Clearance Rack - up to 60% off - new items added
- Learn about DOstamping Rewards Programs
- September VIP Hostess Code = J3QEH9U4 (learn more here)
Looking for Product Shares (Holiday & Annual Catalog)?
Find them HERE