DOstamperSTARS Challenge #152: Winter Wishes Poinsettia Pocket Card
October 08, 2015
It's time for another DOstamperSTARS Thursday Challenge. This week we're having a Home Sweet Home challenge.
For this week's Home Sweet Home photo challenge, there's a lot of ways to be inspired...apron card, color combo, floral, border stamping and more! For me, I liked the pockets on the apron and decided to make a pocket card.
Many years ago I was "over the moon" with pocket cards. I made them for every occasion; birthday, Christmas, wedding invites and even Max's baby announcement (and he's now 8 years old). So I think it's time to bring them back, don't you think?!
How to create a Basic Pocket Card:
- 4-1/4" x 11" piece of cardstock for pocket
- Score at 1-1/4" and 5-1/2"
- Fold card at 5-1/2", then fold back on the 1-1/4" fold
- Adhere 4-1/4" x 1" strip of DSP on the 1-1/4" fold
- Use the Handheld Stapler to staple the pocket card together on both sides of the 1-1/4" fold.
- Staple a piece of Gold Cording Trim to the left side of the pocket, then tie into a bow.
- Note: don't go too far in with the stapler, as you'll need room for the inside card panel to slide in and out.
- 3-5/8" x 5-1/2" inside card panel
- Decorate and enjoy!
A closer look at the inside panel reveals some fun little details:
- Use the Curvy Corner Trio Punch to punch the top two corners
- Stamp the pine bough from the Winter Wishes stamp set with Old Olive ink, then use Real Red Stampin' Write Marker to add dots for berries.
- The greeting is from the fabulous Stampin' Rewards Holiday Catalog offering called Six Sayings - a very versatile greeting set. A perfect addition to any stampers collection.
Last, but not least...the Poinsettia Punch Art detail. I've been on a kick using these small flowers as just the right touch for some of my holiday cards, including my recent Control Freaks swap (coming soon).
How to create Poinsettia Punch Art:
- Punch (2) Real Red Petite Petals
- Layer them together with a glue dot
- Punch (2) Old Olive Petite Petals (cut off 2 petals from each)
- Use glue dots to adhere to the back of the flower
- Adhere 1/4" punch of Gold Glimmer Paper to the center of flower with a glue dot
- Adhere to card with Stampin' Dimensionals
I'm so happy with the way this card turned out. I wouldn't normally make a black holiday card, but that seems to be a trendy thing for this year. And why not, it looks stunning especially with the pop of red and gold. Have you started on your holiday cards yet?
Check out more "Home Sweet Home" inspiration from DOstamperSTARS (there are some special projects this week. Be sure to click on their links below):
- Judy Strickling: Fabulous Bakers Box Oven (updated with instructions)
- Ashley Simmons: Watercolor Wings card
- Sharon Bennett: Apron Card
- Miriam Bollinger: Everyday Chic Card
- Robyn Rasset: Timeless Elegance card
- Dawn Olchefske: Poinsettia Pocket Card
Dawn's Stamping Supplies
- SHOP | VIEW: 2015 Holiday Catalog
- Don't forget to check out this weeks 25% off Weekly Deals
- Visit the Clearance Rack - up to 60% off
- Learn about DOstamping Rewards Programs
- NEW October VIP Hostess Code = KUTYKAKG (learn more here)
Holiday & Annual Catalog Product Shares - details HERE