The Northern Lights Stamping Technique has been on my list to share with my Stamping Club for quite some time and last month I finally got around to it. Long Distance Club Members will get their packets this month.
Northern Lights Stamping Technique
- Stamping Sponges, various Ink pads (Daffodil Delight, Tempting Turquoise, Rich Razzleberry, Night of Navy)
- On a panel of Whisper White, sponge ink colors to the top 3/4's of the panel starting lightest to darkest inks (Daffodil Delight, Tempting Turquoise, Rich Razzleberry).
- NOTE: Use more of a swipe and/or circular motion (vs pouncing).
- Depending on the size of your panel, you may want to add additional swipes of sponging
- With a circular motion, sponge Night of Navy around the top and two sides of the panel filling in and around the rest of the top 3/4's area. Really press hard to get a deep "night" color. Occasionally lightly swipe into/over the previous colors. This is where the magic happens. There is no right or wrong way. It might take a few practice panels to get the look you want.
- Stamp tree image with black ink
- Add finishing touches:
- For a winter scene...stamp snowflakes with Whisper White craft ink over the sky and finish with a panel of snow and Sleigh Ride Edgelit at the bottom of the card.
- For a summer scene...use a Gel Pen to add stars to the sky and sponge Old Olive to the bottom of the card for grass, or add a panel of grass and trees edgelit at the bottom of the card.
- Every time you do it, it will look different. Have fun experimenting!
- See it in action with my How'd She DO That? video below
WATCH VIDEO: Northern Lights Stamping Technique
Now I can cross the Northern Lights Stamping Technique off my list. Check...tried it and love it! Now it's your turn to give it a try.
Dawn's Stamping Supplies
- Just Cards TO GO Kits available now
- SUBSCRIBE: Paper Pumpkin (the fun that comes to you!)
- CHECK OUT this weeks 25% off Weekly Deals
- VISIT the Clearance Rack - up to 60% off
- SHOP | VIEW: 2015 Holiday Catalog
- LEARN about DOstamping Rewards Programs
- October VIP Hostess Code = KUTYKAKG (learn more here)
Stop by Monday for all the details on the Stamp Sale!