DOstamperSTARS Challenge #158: Flurry of Wishes Banner Card
November 19, 2015
It's time for another DOstamperSTARS Thursday Challenge. This week we're having a Home Sweet Home challenge.
You could go a few different directions with this week's inspiration challenge photo; acorns, banner, color combo, fall, etc. I decided to do a banner, but with using snowflakes to create a holiday card. So I reached for the 2015 Holiday Catalog stamp set, Flurry of Wishes. It's also available in a bundle with the matching Snow Flurry Punch (save 15%)..
- Start by stamping the greeting with Marina Mist ink on a piece of 4" x 5-1/4" Whisper White cardstock.
- Then run it through the Big Shot with the Softly Falling Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.
- Stamp the double snowflake image three times with Marina Mist on scraps of Whisper White.
- Cut out with Snow Flurry Punch .
- Adhere a Stampin' Dimensional on the back of 3 small snowflakes and 2 large snow flakes.
- Lay out the snowflakes on the stamped panel (don't adhere yet).
- Note that the two side snowflakes will hang a little bit off the edges, just trim off the excess.
- Start with the center snowflake and adhere it to the center of a 6" piece of Silver Cording Trim, then adhere to the stamped panel.
- Repeat with the rest of the snowflakes by positioning the cording as you go.
- Trim the off the excess Silver Cording.
- Adhere the completed panel to a folded 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" piece of Whisper White cardstock.
- Attach a Rhinestone Basic Jewels Embellishment to the center of each of the snowflakes.
Note: the fabulous Silver Cording Trim & Gold Cording Trim from the Holiday Catalog are retiring. So be sure to stock up before they are gone! I'm going to get a couple spools of each as I know that I'm going to be using them with my holiday packaging too! Click for all the details on the 2015 Holiday Catalog Retiring List.
Check out more "Home Sweet Home" inspiration from DOstamperSTARS (Be sure to click on their links below):
- Linda Kaufman: Sheltering Tree Card
- Sharon Bennett: Lighthearted Leaved Card
- Miriam Bollinger: Fall Thank You Card
- Robyn Rasset: Cheer All Year Card
- Dawn Olchefske: Flurry of Wishes Card
Dawn's Stamping Supplies
Thank You for Shopping with Dawn
2015 Holiday Catalog Retiring List
Stampin' Up! Catalogs
November VIP Hostess Code = JTWDX4KJ (new host code updated 11/16)
(learn more here)