It's time for another DOstamperSTARS Thursday Challenge. This week we're having a Color My World challenge.
For this week's color challenge, I immediately thought of Home for Christmas Designer Series Paper from the Holiday Catalog. But as you'll notice, I ended up using the Season of Cheer Designer Series Paper. Why? Because before I actually made the card, I had already die cut MERRY letters from the Little Letter Thinlits Dies and mounted them to 1" Whisper White Circles. So - what was the problem? Well...the Home for Christmas DSP coordinates with Very Vanilla. So I switched over to Season of Cheer DSP and changed Pool Party to Soft Sky, as it coordinated better. As Tim Gunn would say..."make it work"!
This card is actually a money holder. The finished size is 7" x 3-1/4". As for an envelope - it would fit in a legal envelope. But if prefer a better fit, you can make your own envelope out of the Real Red Envelope Paper (from the Holiday Catalog) and the Envelope Punch Board, like I did.
Tips for envelope:
- It requires a 8-5/8" square piece of Real Red Envelope Paper
- Follow the instructions on the Envelope Punch Board for a 3-1/5" x 7" card size
- After scoring & folding, you'll find that the bottom and top flaps are a little too long.
- Cut 1-1/2" off from the bottom flap
- Cut 3/4" off from the top flap
Tips for Money Holder:
- Start with 8-1/2" x 7" piece of Soft Sky card stock
- With 8-1/2" edge at top of Simply Scored board, score at 3-1/4" & 6-1/2"
- Turn and place the smaller scored end into Envelope Punch Board.
- Align left edge at 4-1/4" mark and punch
- Use Paper Trimmer to trim away from punched area to the right edge.
- Stamp greeting from Six Sayings stamp set (a free Stampin' Rewards choice with $150 order)
- Place a 1-3/4" piece of Tear & Tape Adhesive along the left side edge and fold up to secure.
- Insert money
- Fold over top of card and decorate
Tips for Card Front:
- Adhere 1/2" x 7" strip of Mossy Meadow card stock to card front
- Adhere 1" x 7" strip of Season of Cheer Designer Series Paper to card front
- Die cut Real Red M E R R Y letters with Little Letters Thinlits Die
- Use Fine-Tip Glue Pen to adhere to (5) 1" Whisper White Circles
- Use holly leaves from Mistletoe & Holly Paper Pumpkin kit to stamp on scraps of Whisper White
- One with Real Red Ink and cut with 1" Circle punch
- One with Mossy Meadow ink (quickly blend ink around to fill in leaves). Fussy cut leaves out and adhere with Stampin' Dimensionals over red stamped leaves.
- Position and adhere completed circles to card with Stampin' Dimensionals
If you are anything like me, you might have a couple of people on your gift-giving list who would enjoy the gift of money this year. This would make a great birthday card idea too. Hmm...
Check out more "Color My World" inspiration from DOstamperSTARS (Be sure to click on their links below): The STARS have outdone themselves this week with stunning, fun cards!
- Judy Strickling: Snoopy's Dog House Baker's Box
- Miriam Bollinger: Everything Eleanor card
- Sharon Bennett: Home for Christmas Cocoa Packet Holder
- Robyn Rasset: Among The Branches card
- Connie Plaumann: Home For Christmas Reindeer card
- Dawn Olchefske: Mistletoe & Holly Money Holder
Dawn's Stamping Supplies