It's time for another DOstamperSTARS Thursday Challenge. This week we're having a Color My World challenge.
Given that it's New Year's Eve, I went the obvious route with today's color scheme...a Happy New Year's card. I combined some "old" with some "new" and came up with a fun card to bring in 2016!
What's "old"? Six Sayings stamp set (retiring soon!)
- I'm on a mission to use every image from the Six Sayings stamp set. It's really one of my all-time favorites Stampin' Rewards set (a free choice when you place a $150 or more order). You'll find it in the 2015 Holiday Catalog and it's retiring January 4th. So you only have a few days left to get it before it's gone!
- The greeting is die cut with the Tags & Labels Framelits Dies. It was a perfect fit!
What's "new"? Large Numbers Framelit Dies and Balloon Bouquet Punch (2016 Occasions Catalog - coming Jan 5th)
- Large Numbers Framelit Dies: These dies are awesome...l lined all 4 numbers up on Gold Glimmer Paper, and one pass thru the Big Shot and they are ready to go! In addition - there is a coordinating stamp set (Number of Years), and yes...bundle and save 15% (140653).
- Balloon Bouquet Punch: finally a balloon punch and it punches two sizes! It too has a coordinating stamp set (Balloon Celebration) and yes...bundle and save 15% (140810). I punched the balloons out of Silver Foil Sheets.
So, where did those tiny little stars come from? Good question...the Confetti Stars Punch. They are so small, that I used the Fine-Tip Glue Pen to adhere them to the balloons. What to do with the leftover stars (as there are lots of them)? Put them inside your card for a fun surprise when they open your card -woohoo! That tip comes courtesy of my husband.
I just want to take a moment to thank my readers, customers, club members, DOstamperSTARS and of course my family & friends for all of your support throughout 2015. Without you, I wouldn't be able to enjoy the success of my Stampin' Up! business. I appreciate you all...thank you!
Here's to a happy and successful 2016. Happy New Year!
Check out more "Color" inspiration from DOstamperSTARS (Be sure to click on their links below): We are small, but mighty this week!
- Judy Strickling: Dotty Angles Card
- Miriam Bollinger: Bloomin' Hearts Wedding Card
- Connie Plaumann: Large Numbers 2016 Banner
- Robyn Rasset: Large Numbers 10th Anniversary Card
- Dawn Olchefske: Six Sayings New Year Card
Dawn's Stamping Supplies
- Six Sayings stamp set [139849w or 139852c] - retiring 1/4
- Whisper White Card Stock 
- Basic Black Card Stock 
- Basic Black Archival Stampin’ Pad 
- Gold Glimmer Paper 
- Silver Glimmer Paper 
- Silver Foil Sheets 
- Big Shot 
- Tags & Labels Framelits Dies 
- NEW Large Numbers Framelits Dies  - coming 1/5
- NEW Balloon Bouquet Punch  - coming 1/5
- Confetti Stars Punch 
- Basic Black Baker's Twine 
- Fine-Tip Glue Pen 
- Glue Dots 
- Stampin' Dimensionals 
December VIP Hostess Code = EGSSK2NE
(learn more here)