It's time for another DOstamperSTARS Thursday Challenge. This week we're having a "Home Sweet Home" challenge.
It's obvious from this week's photo inspiration that a person would choose a nautical or masculine card to make. But instead, I went with blue flowers! Specifically, the Rose Wonder Bundle, and I'm thrilled with the results. Take a look...
Wow, right?! Well, it was super easy to do. And guess what? I only used one color to easily "watercolor" the rose...Night of Navy.
Dawn's Rose Wonder In Blue card details:
- Stamp rose image from Rose Wonder stamp set with Night of Navy ink on 4" x 5-1/4" Shimmery White cardstock
- Quickly...Use Aqua Painter to wash color around the rose and leaves. (just the wet Aqua Painter - no added color yet)
- Now add little by little, additional Night of Navy ink to flower center working outwards.
- No additional ink was added to the outer edges of the rose and leaves.
- Also, no purple ink was used. As more color was added, some of the tones started turning a purple hue. Unexpected, but gorgeous!
- Let dry.
- Adhere to folded 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" Night of Navy card base
- Stamp greeting & frame image with Night of Navy ink. Die cut with matching shape from Rose Garden Thinlits.
- Adhere to Metallic Foil Doily, then to card with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Attach Rhinestones
- Enjoy and send to someone special!
What do you think? I wonder what other colors would turn a different shade of color when it dries. Would be interesting to find out? Give it a try with some other colors and let me know.
Be sure to check out more "Home Sweet Home" inspiration from my DOstamperSTARS Team (click on their names below):
- Jan Carlson
- Dawn Thomas
- Connie Plaumann
- Angela O'Neill
- Dawn Olchefske
- Judy Strickling
- Debbie Sollinger
- Michelle Harrington
- Robyn Rasset
- Cathy Peck
- Miriam Bollinger
- Joan Weidling
Dawn's Stamping Supplies (click on products to shop online)