DOstamperSTARS Challenge #165: Stained Glass Rose Wonder
January 21, 2016
It's time for another DOstamperSTARS Thursday Challenge. This week we're having a Color My World challenge.
- Big Shot "sandwich" from bottom: Multipurpose Platform, Precision Base Plate, cardstock, die, cutting pad
- Using Rose Garden Thinlits to die cut Basic Black "outline" pieces.:
- (1) small rose
- (1) three leaves image from the large rose/leaves thinlit (cut away one of the leaves)
- TIP: Remove detailed pieces using the Big Shot Die Brush
- Die cut colored pieces:
- (3) small roses from Blushing Bride, Melon Mambo, Rose Red cardstock
- (2) three leaves image from Garden Green, Wild Wasabi cardstock
- TIP: DO NOT REMOVE detailed pieces - keep die cut in "one piece" and slide onto piece of copy paper underneath to keep everything together (see photo below)
- Assemble flower:
- Position (do not adhere yet) black rose & leaves onto 3-3/4" x 5" piece of Whisper White.
- Use a pencil inside the images to draw an outline. Remove die cuts and add adhesive all over the area within the outline. (I used snail adhesive)
- Now adhere black rose/leaves die cuts into place and continue on by filling in with the various colored pieces to complete the flower/leaves.
(leave pieces together and slide copy paper underneath)
Add Clear Wink of Stella for a beautiful touch of glimmer. The photo does not do it justice. In real life - the shimmer is gorgeous!
I hope you enjoyed this card. I actually began playing with it and along the way discovered some of the tips I shared above. I think you'll find they will help save time as you put all the pieces back into place - just like a puzzle.
When you order the Rose Wonder Bundle (stamp set and coordinating thinlits) and Wink of Stella, that will put you into qualification for free Sale-a-Bration item. I appreciate you shopping with me!
Check out more "Color" inspiration from DOstamperSTARS (Be sure to click on their links below):
- Sharon Bennett
- Connie Plaumann
- Dawn Thomas
- Robyn Rasset
- Judy Strickling
- Miriam Bollinger
- Debbie Sollinger
- Dawn Olchefske
- Jan Carlson
Dawn's Stamping Supplies
Thank You for Shopping with Dawn
NEW 2016 Occasions Catalog PDF
NEW 2016 Sale-a-Bration Brochure PDF
3- month Prepaid Paper Pumpkin Sale - going on now
Weekly Deals - 25% off
NEW January VIP Hostess Code = EEADKFNW
(learn more here)
Join my STARS during Sale-a-Bration
Get an extra $30 in product!
Learn more here