Welcome to the Control Freaks February 2016. We are thrilled to have you join us today (we'll be fully-live on 2/20). Our tour features some of your favorite Control Freaks Stampers sharing projects made with Stampin' Up! products. In fact, you may have just come from my friend and fellow freak Melissa Stout's blog.
Our theme for this month is: Stampin' Up! Sale-a-Bration
Flowering Fields Gift Card Set
I pulled out the Flowering Fields stamp set for my Control Freak Sale-a-Bration project. I have to admit, I've had this set for a long time. I received it from Stampin' Up! at the On Stage event back in November, but I haven't had a chance to use it yet. So many awesome stamps and not enough time. But I digress. The one thing I did think about when I got it was, I wanted to use it without coloring. So I came up with 3 different color combos using the 2014-2016 In Colors. No coloring, just quick stamping! I also paired each card with a greeting from the Occasions Catalog stamp set, Suite Sayings. Take a look...
The Thanks card using Blackberry Bliss (stamped off for some images) and Mossy Meadow.
The Smile card uses Lost Lagoon and Mossy Meadow.
Dawn's Card Details:
- All three cards use a folded 8" x 4" piece of Whisper White
- Adhere to 4-1/4" square of matching cardstock.
- Use Sale-a-Bration Wildflower Fields Designer Series Paper for handcut banners
- Attach Linen Thread with the Handheld Stapler
- Finish off with Rhinestone Jewels.
- Envelopes are lined with Designer Paper using the Envelope Liner Thinlits
- Finished cards measure 4-1/4" x 4-1/4" (and fit into our regular envelopes)
Wildflower Fields Card Holder
To give space for all three of the cards to fit into one package, I created a larger envelope sized at 5-1/2" x 6". Now it's ready for gift-giving!
Large Envelope Details
- 9-1/4" square of Wildflower Fields Designer Series Paper
- Use Envelope Punch Board
- Follow instructions for 5-1/2" x 6" card size
- Fold envelope (don't adhere)
- Insert cards and envelopes
- Wrap Calypso Coral Seam binding around envelope package and tie in a bow.
- Stamp greeting (from Suite Sayings) with Mossy Meadow ink
- Punch with Note Tag Punch, and punch a second one from Mossy Meadow cardstock
- Punch 1/8" hole in each and tie onto ribbon with Linen Thread.
- Attach Rhinestone Jewel to O in YOU
Dawn's Stamping Supplies
- 141300 Flowering Fields Wood-Mount Stamp Set - Sale-a-Bration
- 141303 Flowering Fields Clear-Mount Stamp Set -Sale-a-Bration
- 141022 Wildflower Fields Designer Series Paper - Sale-a-Bration
- 133673 2014-2016 In Color 8-1/2" X 11" Cardstock And Classic Ink Pads Kit
- 100730 Whisper White 8-1/2" X 11" Card Stock 
- 139083 Handheld Stapler
- 135847 Silver Mini Staples
- 135860 Note Tag Punch
- 134365 1/8" Circle Handheld Punch
- 119246 Rhinestone Basic Jewels Embellishments
- 104199 Linen Thread
- 134569 Calypso Coral 1/2" Seam Binding Ribbon
- 113439 Big Shot
- 132172 Envelope Liners Framelits Die
Well, that wraps up this stop of the tour. I hope you enjoyed my projects for this month! Now on to more creative inspiration from my friend & fellow freak LeeAnn Greff.