It's time for another DOstamperSTARS Thursday Challenge. This week we're having a "Sketch Pad" challenge.
I'm lovin' today's sketch. It's a clean and simple layout, perfect for my card making style! I knew I was going to do something floral on the circle focal point and decided to put ink to an image I hadn't yet used from the Occasions Catalog Birthday Blooms stamp set. I also decided I was in the mood to watercolor. Which struck me as odd, as that is not one of my favorite things to do. But I needed a little "Calgon take me away" moment and there's nothing better for that than watercoloring.
Before I get to the watercoloring, I adhered two strips of Birthday Bouquet Designer Series Paper (3/4" x 3-3/4" and 3/4" x 3-1/2") to a folded 4-1/4" x 11" Pink Pirouette card base. Then wrapped two pieces of Whisper White Bakers Twine around the card and tied in a bow.
Dawn's Coloring Tips:
- Die cut a piece of Shimmery White Paper (my go-to paper for watercoloring) with Circle Framelit (#7 from the center)
- Stamp flowers and greeting with Basic Black Archival Ink
- Use Aqua Painter to water color
- Blushing Bride all over flowers
- Delightful Dijon in flower centers
- Watermelon Wonder on flowers - added several times for depth
- Mint Macron for stems/leaves
- Tip Top Taupe for shadowing (watered down quite a bit)
I know I could use more watercoloring practice, but I'm happy with the results. If you like watercoloring, the beautiful Birthday Blooms set was made just for you! Be sure to add it to your wish list and get it before the Occasions Catalog ends (May 31st).
Be sure to check out more "Sketch Pad" inspiration from my DOstamperSTARS Team - lots of fabulous cards this week! (click on their names below):
- Connie Plaumann
- Dawn Thomas
- Debbie Sollinger
- Jan Carlson
- Robyn Rasset
- Judy Strickling
- Miriam Bollinger
- Sharon Bennett
- Angela O'Neill
- Cathy Peck
- Joan Weidling
- Dawn Olchefske - you are here
Dawn's Stamping Supplies
February VIP Hostess Code = 767W99CY
(learn more here)
Join my STARS during Sale-a-Bration
Get an extra $30 in product!
Learn more here