My grandsons Max and Sam were over on Sunday to make Valentines for their classrooms. And of course, I reached for the January Cute Conversations Paper Pumpkin kit. The kit came with lots of supplies, which was good as we needed to make almost 50 treat holders.
Cute Conversations kit featured...
- Cute Conversations Photopolymer Stamp Set
- Watermelon Wonder Classic Stampin' Spot Ink
- 30 Double Sided Paper Hearts
- 30 Double Sided Paper Flags
- 30 Mini Clothespins
- 6 yards of White and Mint Bakers Twine
- 5 yards of Pink Sequin Trim
- 50 Adhesive Dots
- 30 Adhesive Strips
WATCH VIDEO: Cute Conversations
As you can see from the video, the projects designed for this kit were heart treat holders and banners. But we went outside the box and created treat holders of own design. See below for Max & Sam's Valentine Treat Holders
Max's Italian Ice Treat Container (aka: Sour Cream Twist Holders)
As much as I kept calling it a Sour Cream Twist Treat Holder, Max kept correcting me, "No, Umma, it's an Italian Ice container." So I thought I better call it that. We started with a 6" x 6" piece of 2015-2017 In Color Designer Series Paper Stack. Adhered it into a "roll" first (using Tear & Tape). Then adhered one end flat. Filled it with a treat (sour patch gummies), then rotated it a quarter-turn and adhered the opposite end flat.
Next was stamping the greeting onto the banners (from the kit) and writing his name on all of them. The twine is from the kit too. Both were attached with the Handheld Stapler, and finished off with the punched heart adhered with a Stampin' Dimensional.
Sam's Matchbook Treat Holder
For Sam, we created a matchbook style treat holder.
- Start with 3-1/4" x 8-1/2" piece of Blushing Bride card stock
- Score at 7/8", 4-3/4" & 5"
- Stamp greeting (from kit)
- Fold on all score lines
- Insert candy
- Staple with a piece of Sequin Trim (from kit)
- Fold over cover and decorate with Watermelon Wonder hearts (Sweetheart Punch)
Didn't they do a fabulous job? Anytime I get to stamp with the boys, it's a fun day! Paper Pumpkin gives me the perfect opportunity to have lots of fun days!
Max & Sam's Stamping Supplies
3-Month Prepaid Paper Pumpkin on Sale
- Our 3-month prepaid Paper Pumpkin subscriptions are on sale during Sale-A-Bration (thru March 31, 2016)!
- It's a great way to make your Paper Pumpkin dollars go farther and earn FREE Sale-A-Bration items.
- 3-Month Prepaid Paper Pumpkin Subscription (137859) $55.00
- Save on a 3-month prepaid subscription (regularly $59.85) and instantly qualify for a FREE Sale-A-Bration item!
Or, take it to the next level with a 12-month prepaid subscription.
- 12-Month Prepaid Paper Pumpkin Subscription (137861) $215.40
- Save $24 a year with the everyday awesome price, earn Stampin’ Rewards, and get (4) FREE Sale-A-Bration items
Dawn's Paper Pumpkin Subscriber Benefits