Control Freaks March 2016 Tour: Wildflower Fields Spring Cards
March 19, 2016
Welcome to the Control Freaks March 2016. We are thrilled to have you join us today (we'll be fully-live on 3/20). Our tour features some of your favorite Control Freaks Stampers sharing projects made with Stampin' Up! products. In fact, you may have just come from fellow freak Mary Brown's blog.
Our theme for this month is: Stampin' Up! Spring & Easter
Sale-a-Bration Wildflower Fields Mini Drapery Fold
I've been having so much fun with the Mini Drapery Fold I shared on 3/16/16. You should see my crafting table...folded DSP all over the place! So, of course I had to do a spring theme one for today's Control Freaks Tour.
Mini Drapery Fold Details
- Start with 6" x 2" piece of Wildflower Fields Designer Series Paper (Sale-a-Bration choice ends Mar 31)
- Use Simply Score Tool to score at 3-1/4", 3-3/4", 4-3/4", & 5-1/8"
- Turn and put a "tick mark" at 1"
- Use Stampin' Trimmer to diagonal cut from the 1" "tick mark" to the 3-1/4" score line
- Fold back and forth at each score line - like a fan fold
- Adhere to 4" x 5-1/4" Whisper White card panel
- There may be a slight overhang on the right side, just trim off with scissors.
The flowers are from the Grateful Bunch Bundle. Stamp with Basic Black Archival Ink and color with an Aqua Painter and Calypso Coral ink. Then punch with the matching Blossom Bunch Punch (adhere with Stampin' Dimensionals). Pearl Jewels were added to the centers.
Nice and springy!
Tea-riffic Wildflower Fields
I decided to stay with the same color combo for my second card. As my A Nice Cuppa stamps and matching Cups & Kettle Framelits were still out on my craft table, I thought I'd find a way to use them again. I'm not a tea or coffee drinker, but I've grown attached to this bundle, particularly the framelits.
While playing with the "scallop" trim pieces from the Cups & Kettle framelit, I discovered the two pieces could be used to create a longer piece of scallop trim. See how I used it under the Wildflower Fields Designer Series Paper...cool, huh?
Tea-riffic Card Details
- Die cut "hearth" from Wildflower Fields Designer Series Paper (DSP) using Hearth & Home Thinlits.
- Die cut "wavy" pieces from Cups & Kettle Framelits out of Lost Lagoon cardstock. Adhere to the back side of "hearth" piece to form a longer scallop edge trim. Then adhere to about 1/3" piece of doily. Then adhere completed piece to 3-1/2" x 4-3/4" piece of Whisper White Cardstock
- Die cut "tea cup" from Lost Lagoon cardstock and Wildflower Fields DSP. Cut off handle from Lost Lagoon cup, then layer behind DSP tea cup.
- Die cut "spoon" from Silver Foil Sheets - adhere behind cup
- Position tea cup on card (don't adhere yet), them stamp greeting with Memento Black Ink. Now adhere tea cup with Stampin' Dimensionals
- Punch Coral Calypso flower from Blossom Bunch Punch. Adhere smallest flower to cup with glue dot
- Stamp and die cut "tea bag label". Punch 1/8" hole in tag and thread 10" Baker's Twine and A Nice Cuppa Embellishment onto tag and tie in a bow. Adhere to cup with a couple glue dots.
- Punch Coral Calypso heart using Owl Builder Punch. Adhere to card with Fine Tip Glue
- Adhere finished panel to 3-5/5" x 4-7/8" panel of Coral Calypso cardstock. Then adhere to folded 11" x 4-1/4" Lost Lagoon cardstock
Another nice and springy card!
Dawn's Stamping Supplies
- 140801 Grateful Bunch Bundle (with Blossom Bunch Punch)
- 141074 A Nice Cuppa Bundle (with Cups & Kettle Framelits)
- 100730 Whisper White Cardstock
- 141022 Wildflower Fields Designer Series Paper (Sale-a-Bration ends Mar 31)
- 132708 Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad
- 133679 Lost Lagoon Cardstock
- 122925 Calypso Coral Cardstock
- 132178 Silver Foil Sheets
- 113439 Big Shot
- 139666 Hearth & Home Thinlits Dies
- 134569 Calypso Coral 1/2" Seam Binding Ribbon
- 118074 Builder Owl Punch
- 134365 1/8" Circle Handheld Punch
- 140570 Have A Cuppa Embellishments
- 124262 Twine Baker's Whisper White
- 129399 Tea Lace Paper Doilies
- 138309 Fine-Tip Glue Pen
- 103683 Glue Dots
- 104430 Stampin' Dimensionals
- 122334 Simply Scored
- 126889 Stampin' Trimmer
Well, that wraps up this stop of the tour. I hope you enjoyed my projects for this month! Now on to more creative inspiration from fellow freak Connie Babbert.