DOstamperSTARS Challenge #171: Number of Years Bundle with Wildflower Fields Paper
March 02, 2016
It's time for another DOstamperSTARS Thursday Challenge. This week we're having a "Color My World" challenge.
For this week's color challenge, I knew I would be reaching for the Wildflower Fields Designer Series Paper (a free Sale-a-Bration item with $50 order). But then I was stumped on what to do next. Then I remembered a birthday card swap I received from my friend Patsy Waggoner and I thought I could adapt my colors to her card design and give it an Easter theme.
Card Measurements and Die Cutting
- 4" x 5-1/4" piece of Wildflower Fields Designer Series Paper (DSP)
- Die cut DSP with Oval Framelit in the center (size #4 from the center)
- Adhere DSP to folded 11" x 4-1/4" Thick Whisper White Cardstock
- Die cut card front with Oval Framelit - center in window left from DSP (size #3 from the center)
- Now you're ready to decorate!
Looking for Framelit Sizes? Check out my Stampin' Up! Framelit Page
- With card folded, stamp Number of Years "leaves" image with Old Olive ink. Note: position stamp through the window and just a little bit to the top (not too far up, or you'll get ink on the window edge).
- Open card and stamp flowers with Calypso Coral and Blackberry Bliss inks
- Adhere the smallest Pearl Jewel Embellishments to the Coral flowers
- Stamp Teeny Tiny Wishes "Happy Easter" greeting on scrap of white cardstock with Blackberry Bliss ink
- Stamp "banner outline" image over greeting with Old Olive Ink. (It's photopolymer, so you can see through for perfect alignment - yay!
- Die cut with banner from Large Number Framelits (comes with Number of Years Bundle).
- Punch two Calypso Coral cardstock flowers with Itty Bitty Accent Punch
- Adhere medium size Pearl Jewels to center and adhere to card with glue dots.
This makes for a quick and cute card - doesn't it? I can see lots of different greetings...birthday, thinking of you, thank you, sympathy, wedding and more. Pretty much all 24 of the Teeny Tiny Wishes greetings would fit in the banner die cut!
Be sure to check out more "Color My World" inspiration from my DOstamperSTARS Team (click on their names below):
- Dawn Thomas
- Debbie Sollinger
- Jan Carlson
- Miriam Bollinger
- Sharon Bennett
- Angela O'Neill
- Cathy Peck
- Joan Weidling
- Robyn Rasset
- Judy Strickling
- Dawn Olchefske - you're here
Dawn's Stamping Supplies
Thank You for Shopping with Dawn
2016 Occasions Catalog PDF
2016 Sale-a-Bration Brochure PDF
3- month Prepaid Paper Pumpkin Sale - ends March 31st
Weekly Deals - 25% off
Clearance Rack - up to 60% off
March VIP Hostess Code = MUJGXP6V
(learn more here)
Join my STARS during Sale-a-Bration
Get an extra $30 in product!
Learn more here