It's time for another DOstamperSTARS Thursday Challenge. This week we're having a "Home Sweet Home" challenge.
Yesterday was my local club class and one of the techniques taught was the popular Drapery Fold using a 3" x 7-1/4" piece of paper (video coming soon). So when I sat down to make today's challenge card, I thought the A Nice Cuppa Bundle would be nice with the Drapery Fold. Take a look.
However, since I'm using the Pretty Petals Designer Series Paper Stack...it only comes in 6" x 6" sheets. My dilemma was how to convert the scoring measurements to a smaller piece of paper. Several scrap pieces and trial &error later, I came up with something I was happy with...yay! I'm referring to it as the Mini Drapery Fold.
Mini Drapery Fold Instructions:
- 6" x 1-3/4" piece of Pretty Petals Designer Series Paper Stack
- Use Simply Score Tool to score at 3-1/4", 3-3/4", 4-3/4", & 5-1/8"
- Turn and put a "tick mark" at 7/8"
- Use Stampin' Trimmer to diagonal Cut from the 7/8" mark to the 3-1/4" score line
- Fold back and forth at each score line - like a fan fold
- Adhere to card panel 4" x 5-1/4"
- There may be a slight overhang on the right side, just trim off with scissors.
- Decorate with teapot and tag cut with Cups & Kettles Framelits.
- The small heart was cut using the Owl Builder Punch
I'm delighted with the way this card turned. How about you?
Be sure to check out more "Home Sweet Home" inspiration from my DOstamperSTARS Team (click on their names below):
- Connie Plaumann
- Debbie Sollinger
- Jan Carlson
- Judy Strickling
- Angela O'Neill
- Cathy Peck
- Joan Weidling
- Robyn Rasset
- Dawn Olchefske - you are here
- Miriam Bollinger
- Dawn Thomas
Dawn's Stamping Supplies (click on products to shop online)
March VIP Hostess Code = MUJGXP6V
(learn more here)
Join my STARS during Sale-a-Bration
Get an extra $30 in product!
Learn more here